Hooray For Lavender

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by vfem, Jan 21, 2011.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I just ordered a pound of organic lavender. (My lavender doesn't produce that well yet.)

I am going to try and make some lavender biscotti, and I already make a lavender ice cream sauce and jelly.

Anyone else have any wonderful lavender recipes they would like to share? I'm quite the fan!

2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    I don't cook with it, wish I knew some good recipes, but just wanted to say they have organic lavender fields just down the road from me. (well I'm pretty sure I remember it being organic)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  3. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
  4. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Be careful I may beat you to it!

I'm also thinking this would be nice with white chocolate. [​IMG]

5. Frogdogtimestwo

May 21, 2008
    Well that's the plan, you can tell me how it turns out [​IMG] You seem to have a lot more kitchen time than I do right now, mine is tore up for remodel.

6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Quote:Ooooh... that sucks, and doesn't suck at the same time!

I wouldn't say I have MORE kitchen time. I did get a large order yesterday, and it will take me a couple days to get it together and shipped. I also am waiting for a call back on a part time job I need.

I just had a contractor out here last week to price out building me a free standing kitchen on our property so I can reclaim my own kitchen for household only needs. So soon, I will have a crew of crazy people (family) out building my new $30k industrial kitchen in the yard. I hope the chickens & ducks don't think I'm going to let them in there for anything! LOL

7. Frogdogtimestwo

May 21, 2008
    That sounds awesome, good for you and making your business dreams happen! How exciting, you will have to post pics of the progress.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by