Hooray! I Haven't Destroyed My Eggs Yet!!

deb1

Songster
11 Years
Jun 26, 2008
NC
My wonderful husband made me a incubator based on Miss Prissy's design.

Everything was going honky doory until the rain a few days back. First my humidity shot up to over 50%. No, I don't have any water in there.

Second my electricity went off thus my incubator temps dropped. Worried, I thought I would put a candle in the incubator and heat it that way. When the temperatures stabled, I patted myself on the back for being a genius.

Well, as soon as I got comfortable watching tv with my kids my younger son shouted, "Mom, it has shot up to 108"

We blew out the candle and waved the lid into the box to try and cool it down. For some reason the incubator wanted to stay at 108 but it finally came back down.

Saturday, we rechecked our eggs. We bought a better LED light. Two eggs were developed, five looked like they had just the yolk in them. So my hubby, as an experiment took them outside with the girls to crack open. Yep. Just yolks.

But I still have two eggs left and I am excited about that.

I didn't kill the obviously two fertilized eggs. Hooray!
yippiechickie.gif

I should add that the good news is if these eggs don't hatch, I can get some more free from my friend. I won't know what kind of chickens I get until they hatch. But isn't that half the fun.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom