1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hooray! My handyman finished the girls Run!!!!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Melabella, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Melabella

Melabella Overrun With Chickens

Jun 2, 2011
    Just wanted to say, after 10 loooong weeks, my handyman finished the run that my girls will now call home! I am so happy and content, I wanted to share it with all my peeps here on BYC! I know it isn't the prettiest, but it's strong and it is so much more room than the corner of the feed room that I had them in.

Quick question, how long do you think I should keep them in for before I start to let them free range around during the day. I want them to know that this is home so when the hawks fly over head, they run back to the run, and not the feed room door!

Thanks for lookin,
    MB
    [​IMG]

2. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    Beautiful!!!!

3. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    looks great....i think they will have a good amount of both sun and shade

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    I think it's fantastic!

5. Melabella

Melabella Overrun With Chickens

Jun 2, 2011
    Thank you guys for your kind responses! I am so excited about them being out there!

Any thoughts from anyone on how long I should keep them in before I let them out to free range them?

Anyone?

MB

6. Sally Sunshine

Sally Sunshine Cattywampus Angel <straightens Halo> Premium Member

Aug 23, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    My Coop
    I did two weeks for mine.

7. KDK1

KDK1 Chillin' With My Peeps

When I built my new coop and run which was and still is attached the the old run it took mine about a month before they gave up trying to get back into their old run.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by