Hooray!!! She finally did it! (I think...)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by nodoggies, Jan 7, 2011.

1. nodoggies

nodoggies Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2011
    Five of my six girls have been laying fairly regularly for the past three months, and I was beginning to think there was no hope for little Yoko. Today, I'm pretty sure she proved me wrong. Either that, or someone is seriously underachieving!

Do chickens who seem to lay consistently-sized eggs suddenly lay teeny-weeny ones, or can I assume that the itty-bitty egg I found in the nest today is from little Yoko?

2. detali

detali Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2009
    probably from little Yoko.

3. BethieofVA

BethieofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Yorktown, Virginia
    Quote:I just wanted to say I love her name! Did you name the rest Patty, Cynthia, Linda, Maureen, Barbara and Olivia? All the Beatles wives, except Heather, well we can just forget about her, troublemaker. LOL!!!! Oops, you only have six birds, oh well.

4. nodoggies

nodoggies Out Of The Brooder

Jan 5, 2011
    Hahaha, it took me a minute to figure out who Heather was. You're right, we can probably just forget her!
    Little Yoko was the only one who got a name--she was the apparent social outcast from the beginning. It's hard not to root for the underdog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by