1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hoovers Hatchery?????

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by butch, Nov 25, 2009.

1. butch

butch Out Of The Brooder

Nov 3, 2009
    Van Wert
    Has anyone gotten chickens from Hoovers hatchery? is this a good hatchery to get healthy chicks from? Thanks.

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I think that Hoovers hatchery is my favorite. They are extremely easy to deal with! Our chicks have usually done well. One time we were losing extra meat birds. We complained. They refunded our money even thought it was past their 2 day guarantee. I highly recommend them to everyone. Their prices are amazing too!

3. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    no, not at all, the chicks were 10 weeks mold and they were diagnosed with coccidiosis and wiped out all 50 except for 1 and gold star pullet [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    Quote:That is odd. Did you contact them. Usually Coccidiosis is picked up on the farm they live on.

5. jbfarms

jbfarms Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2009
    Flanagan, IL
    Raise 300 birds a year from them and have always gotten healthy birds. We normally get 4-6 shipments of either broilers or layers never had an issue with coccidia from them normally picked up from farm they are on. Would highly recommend

6. rainplace

rainplace Interstellar Duck Academy

Quote:That is odd. Did you contact them. Usually Coccidiosis is picked up on the farm they live on.

I would hope they were contacted, it would be irresponsible not to, wouldn't it?

Last edited: Nov 26, 2009
  7. nhuhong

nhuhong Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2013
    I live in California and bought 25 chicks from them last week. They arrived the day after the ship out date. Out of the 27 that they sent only 1 died (two days later). They even color-marked the chicks and included a page explaining which chick is what color so you can identify the different breeds! Really great hatchery and will definitely purchase from them again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by