Hope gets a bath!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by fishnet1971, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Today i took a box and cut the sides down to put some dust bath stuff in for my new girl Hope!!!!! She has not had a chance to get outside and have a 'proper' bath yet in the 10 days she has been with me, so I thought I would give her a special surprise! I microwaved the dirt to make sure it wasnt to cold for her little naked body. She really seemed to loooovvveee it!

My DH says she looks like a 'roaster in a box'!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Microwaved dirt? Spoiled girl. But it's good that you're taking such good care of her. What's her story, in a nutshell?

3. here is a video that FINALLY uploaded an hour later...

4. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    Now THAT'S a happy chicken.

5. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Aww. She's so happy! I still thank you for rescuing her!

6. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Hehehe, she's really enjoying that bath, isn't she? [​IMG] I had a couple of pullets that I got from conditions kind of like where Hope came from earlier this year. I wished I'd had more money in my pocket so that I could take more of them home; as it was, I only got two. It makes me upset when people don't treat their animals right.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Microwave dirt? Now that is funny! That is one happy hen, though! Wonderful!

8. I know, I kill myself sometimes. microwaved the dirt.......I am such a moron. wait until I give them my bad cooking too!!!!!

9. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    What a joy!!! Hope can enjoy a dirt bath now that she is in a safe place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by