hope i havent messed up to badly chicks here pic added

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by greatflake, Nov 9, 2011.

1. greatflake

greatflake Out Of The Brooder

Mar 28, 2011
    [​IMG] forgot to write down the date i set my eggs; went into check them and after candling 6 i see one is pipped, didnt go into lockdown as i was thinking it'd be the first of next week before they hatched but looking back the timing is obviously right, hopefully i will still have a decent hatch here goes nothing[​IMG] had 19 out of 36 hatch lost 2 after hatch who know for what reason but got more fluffy butts than i know what to do with looks like i got 3 barred rocks outta them rest will be barred rock x white leghorn

Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  2. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    I think you'll be fine. Just up the humidity to 50% and wait.

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I have done it before. I actually had one half out when i realised. Just up your humidity and they should hatch fine.

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Ive candled before and found one had pipped and they hatched just fine. Just up your humidity

5. greatflake

Mar 28, 2011
    hoping the humidity comes on up, set 36 kinda randomly candeled them and seen they were still kickin couple of days ago, guess i'll update with pics hopefully, got to set up a big brooder now which is what i was thinking i was going to do this weekend, guess it'll be on the plate for tonight after church so it can go ahead and get warmed up for them got 7 chicks in the small brooder that hatched on 10/15

6. greatflake

Mar 28, 2011
    well mighta just been on time to lock them down as even though one had pipped the rest are just now getting started, got two hatched one that hatched on wednesday and one that hatched this morning and can hear em cheeping away in the shells got several pipped this morning, the good lord was watching out for em'

7. greatflake

Mar 28, 2011
    updated top post

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by