Hope they are all still hens

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by StephHSC, Aug 22, 2013.

1. StephHSC

StephHSC Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2013
    Here is the latest pics. The youngest a EE is 11 weeks old now and I'm seeing more changes. She has muffs and her comb has gotten bigger. Hope she is still a she!
    [​IMG]That's Bets rear in the middle.

[​IMG]

Jenny standing Betsey next to her.

[​IMG]
    Mary Nell the RIR and Ms. MoneyPenny the Cuckoo Maran
    [​IMG]

Betsey is the youngest, but she has the biggest feet. Does she still look lika girl?
    Thanks,
    Steph

2. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Your Easter Egger looks like a rooster to me, I think I see saddle feathers, the comb looks awfully red, and his tail is sloped down. The rest of your chickens are pullets.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  3. BrewsterRooster

BrewsterRooster Out Of The Brooder

Aug 10, 2012
    x2

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    L

5. cverba

cverba Out Of The Brooder

May 7, 2013
    Albany, OR
    Pretty EE! I like the beard. Might be a roo but it's still a bit early to tell with the tail feathers. Big feet usually to support taller body.

6. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Betsy is a rooster. The comb is too red and too big for a eleven week old pullet. Also, I see that "her" coloring is darker orange in color on the wings, which is indicative of a male. The large, thick feet are another sign.

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Cockerel

8. StephHSC

Jul 8, 2013
    [​IMG]Bummer. She/he is my favorite. Sure doesn't act like a roo. The buff Orphington is bossier than Betsey. I love the EE Roosters but my neighbors probably won't if she/he starts crowing.
    The comb just blossomed a couple of weeks ago. It isn't as red as it looks in the picture. It is a little darker than the rest of the girls. She/he doesn't like the heat. Seems like she/he is more affected by higher temps than the others. They have been stressed lately by the hawks circling overhead and have been spending the majority of the day inside the coop. Thanks for your time! I appreciate your help even if I'm not happy with the answer. The tail and the spreading of the orange was worrying me. She/he only had a smidgen before this new feathering. Guess I better see if any of my relatives who live in the country can take "him". I'll wait until he crows though.

9. K Spot

K Spot Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2013
    SE Qld, Australia
    I would keep it until it either lays or crows.
    Give the bird the benefit of the doubt right now [​IMG]

10. StephHSC

Jul 8, 2013
    Last night I crowed some to see what he would do. This morning I heard a strange sound from the coop. I looked in the window and it was Betsey/Bert. Need to find a home for him. Sure wish I lived in the country so I could keep him. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by