Hope this works

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by henney penny, Dec 24, 2011.

1. henney penny

henney penny Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    Have four in the big incubator and today was lock down for them so had to take out the other five because they don`t hatch untill next week.They still need to be turned and the humidity would have been to high for them.They were accident eggs,I forgot to check under my silkie broodies out in the coop and when I did she had five extra eggs so I brought them in and they all looked fertile so thats why they are in the tiny[​IMG] yellow home.

2. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    Well good luck to you! Im sure you will do just fine! I hatched my eggs with a cardboard box, a desk lamp amd a sponge!!! Im thinking of getting that yellow little bator, do you like it does it work well?

3. henney penny

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    I had given it to a friend and some fertile eggs and none hatched,I only have used it for emergency`s,last year one of my silkies hatched out a few and then left the rest of the eggs and one a pipped,so I brought them in and put them in and the one that pipped did hatch.And another time I put one in that was left in the nest and that hatched,I have never tried the 21 days with it for myself.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  4. Wolftalk

Wolftalk Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2011
    The Coop :)
    Thank you for the info, i think ill just get it to hatch 2 or 3 chicks (im a very small scale chickener:) so i hopefully get some layers. Thanks!

let me know how it all goes!

5. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2011
    Omg I have that same yellow one And hatched chicks but I had to add another light because it didnt get warm enough. And i have a hoverbator as well. [​IMG]

6. henney penny

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    Thats why I have it sitting on top of the big incubator,I can`t keep the temp up in it,I did put aluminum foil around half of it and that seems to work
    Quote:

7. bzbrown

bzbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

We have the yellow bator as well as a couple homemade ones. I use foil around the base of the yellow one to keep the heat even and keep it on my desk in a moderatly cold room. Hoping eventually I'll hatch something from it!

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    Quote:
    Can I ask where you have them placed in the house? Because of the drapery, I wonder if they are placed near a window?

9. henney penny

Nov 21, 2009
    Northern Maine
    In my living room,my windows are air tight so there is no draft.Its staying around 99 for the last 2 hours

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by