Hopefully 3 pullets, but not sure!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by tigerente13, May 9, 2016.

1. tigerente13

tigerente13 New Egg

May 9, 2016
    I have 3 nine week old hopefully pullets. One is a chocolate Orpington that I'm fairly sure is a pullet. The olive egger and blue ameraucana I'm not positive about. I don't know enough about all the different breeds and feather patterns to tell what is what. Any guesses are welcomed and I will report back when I know for sure!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to BYC! [​IMG] We're so glad you joined!

Yep, all appear to be pullets! [​IMG] They're so pretty. I have to say, it's rare that I see somebody who actually knows a true Ameraucana from an EE, and I commend you for it![​IMG]

~Alex

Last edited: May 9, 2016
  3. tigerente13

tigerente13 New Egg

May 9, 2016
    Oh good! I got them from a breeder who I was pretty sure knew what they were doing. The olive egger and the ameraucana have been chest bumping and fluffing their hackles a lot so I was getting concerned! They must be establishing their pecking order. Miss Orpington must be at the bottom because she is never involved.

4. tigerente13

tigerente13 New Egg

May 9, 2016
    I got them all from a breeder who I was pretty sure knew what they were doing. I wasn't sure about the Ameraucana and the olive egger because they keep fluffing their hackles and bumping chests. Must be sorting out their pecking order.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by