Hopefully clearer pics this time...

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ittybittychicky, Jun 27, 2010.

1. ittybittychicky

ittybittychicky New Egg

Jun 26, 2010
    Birmingham
    Hi All,

I uploaded some pics yesterday of my new chicks asking if anyone could help with the gender / colour and age of them but have managed to get a few better pics today, hopefully these are a bit more helpful than yesterdays one...[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i'm thinking the brown one looks like a roo and the other 2 pullets and am guessing around 7 weeks old but am new to all this so am probably wrong, any ideas anyone please? Also what colours would you say they were as i haven't got a clue [​IMG]

2. math ace

math ace Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2009
    Jacksonville, FL
    Are they standard size or bantams ?

Do they both have feathered feet ?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2010
  3. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    The buff kind of looks like a buff brahma...have no idea on the other ones breed. Age is maybe 2-3 months? And if they are that age they look like they might be pullets.

4. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    splash cochin and buff brahma would be my guess, are they standard or bantams?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  5. ittybittychicky

ittybittychicky New Egg

Jun 26, 2010
    Birmingham
    thanks for the replies [​IMG]

whoops sorry, i should have said, they are bantums and yep math ace they have lovely feathered feet [​IMG]

am hoping your right tiramisu they are all pullets, we cant have roos round here as we in a built up area and the neighbours would moan (ok for them to play their music loud at stupid hours though! [​IMG])

6. bigchicken2

bigchicken2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2010
    Stupid people. They allow airplanes, radios, and all the loudest stuff in the world but no "loud" roosters! Roosters aren't loud compared to any of their things! If you have a roo you're not trying to make him noisy! But the neighbors are doing that with their radio. Go tell them all about the ridiculous, noisy stuff they allow and why they won't allow roosters and how annoying their stupid radio is and tell them that they have to throw their radio away if they don't stop! . If they don't stop and don't let you keep your roo move away!

7. ittybittychicky

ittybittychicky New Egg

Jun 26, 2010
    Birmingham
    I know it's a complete joke isn't it [​IMG] Makes me really mad when i think about it [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    they look like some project Mille Cochins

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by