HOPEFULLY hatching March 5-6th...?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by emandmikey, Feb 16, 2009.

  1. emandmikey

    emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

    225
    0
    119
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    Hi everyone, I've gotten an older Brower Tophatch model and am hoping to hatch out some EEs, a Polish, two frizz/mille cochin mixes, and a gold comet... I've got it at 98.5 solid, and 52% humidity, I'm turning by hand 5 times/day...

    Anyone else out there working with this schedule? Anyone have advice for me? I'm hoping to candle on day 7 if I can wait that long!!!

    Em
     
  2. emandmikey

    emandmikey Chillin' With My Peeps

    225
    0
    119
    Apr 30, 2008
    Wake Forest, NC
    OK, so I candled on day 7 - all but two of the EE eggs have veining and many have little black dots inside that are moving around!!! It's SOOOOO cool to see the little living thing in there! I've been keeping the temp at 99.5-100 degrees and the humidity is pretty steady at 50%... sometimes it goes up to 53% and down to 44% when I open the top for checking or turning. I'm turning 4-5 times a day. Anyone else in the same boat?

    What do I do with the two that didn't develop? Are they edible? Should I just throw them out?
     
  3. Knight Hawk Ranch

    Knight Hawk Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

    438
    0
    139
    Oct 19, 2007
    Labelle, Florida
    I would wait on the two questionable ones a few more days and candle again before tossing.
    I have a full LG incubator and should be hatching around the 5th. The waiting is killing me this time as I have some BC Marans eggs in there.
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by