1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hopefully i did this correctly...Finally got some pics!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChickenCop, Feb 24, 2008.

1. ChickenCop

ChickenCop Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    can some one tell what kinda hen i got here?
    [​IMG]
    as for now i got 8 bantams...i know i got a pair of japanese but as for the rest of them i have NO idea what each one is. Any ID'ing would be appreciated!
    [​IMG]
    nesting boxes for the big house
    [​IMG]
    temporary housing

Last edited: Feb 24, 2008
  2. ChickenCop

Guess i should post of pic of me and the kiddos
    [​IMG] MY GIRLS 4 and 8
    [​IMG] thats me!
    [​IMG] "company car"...LOL

3. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

My guess is the first one is a silkie mix due to her complexion.

What I want to know is, where did you get that water bottle and how is it attached to the wall?

4. ChickenCop

I got the water bottle from the fellow that gave me the chickens...I will ask him next time i see him and get that info for you...its slides in and out of a metal shelf that screwed into the side wall.

5. BantyChickMom

BantyChickMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2007
    Henderson, NC
    The 2 black and the rooster in the far right corner look like game birds, and of course the 2 japanese.

I'm pretty sure the 2 black are oegb.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2008
  6. 5.0 Clunker

5.0 Clunker Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2008
    I am very interested into what breed the first hen is as I have two that look just like that.

BTW hats off to fellow johnny law! lol

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Thanks, I like that bottle design. It would be neat to have for a few birds.

I'll be sure not to speed by too fast. Really, it's the color that makes it look fast, not my actual traveling speed!

8. ChickenCop

I wasnt sure what they were...I do notice that their eyes are larger than the other birds. If that makes a difference. Thanks for the info!

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    I'm pretty sure the two waving are little girls, haha!! Cute ones too!!! Nice looking chickens and kiddos...now that company car, that's another story!! Was it you that gave me that speeding ticket on Valentine's Day?!!!!! [​IMG]

10. ChickenCop

Unless you were out later than midnight it wasnt me....my county is pretty big, we cover 834 miles of roadway, that might get me to North Carolina...LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by