Hopefully the last time I have to post this, what are we?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by confusedturtle, Jul 26, 2011.

1. confusedturtle

confusedturtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Virginia
    Im pretty sure that this one is a male Red sex link, he hasn't crowed yet and is about 3 months old now. Just thought I'd post his pic incase you might think he is a different breed or something [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is my buff orpington mix, he/she is also 3 months old. This one makes a strange bagawwww-awk noise all the time. I have even heard what was described on the boards before as a Barawwwwwk-bonk LoL! The comb and waddles are so red for 3 months that Im worried I may have another rooster. I had bought 2 when I got this one, the other was a roo and I returned him, but at the time everyone thought this one was a pullet so I kept her/him. We named him/her Meep because it runs like the road runner when you try to get a pic of him/her. Also any ideas on the possible breed mix would be very helpful too. I was told when I bought him/her that it was a pullet and a BO mixed with either another BO (dont think so!) or a wyandotte, what do you think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So sorry about the bad pics, the BO turns on the after burners when it sees a camera. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
  2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    The first one does look sort of like a Red Sex-Link rooster. Most of the ones I have seen have had more red on their wings that what he has, so he may be a "mix" also (even though a sex-link is technically a mix).

The second looks like a Buff Orp and a Columbian Wyandotte mix. And a pullet.

3. confusedturtle

confusedturtle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2011
    Virginia
    ok cool, thank you [​IMG] Im fine with the sex link being a roo, he is so sweet that the only way I will get rid of him is if he has an obnoxious and early crow. When I started thinking the BO mix was a roo I was afraid I'd have to get rid of him, too many roos in the hen house LoL!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by