Hopefully....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chickfever, Aug 20, 2007.

  1. Chickfever

    Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

    685
    0
    159
    Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I tried to use a worm box for my incubator....things looked great until I put my eggs inside. The temp in the wiggler would read 103 and the air temp 86. I would move the wiggler, the temp would drop to 94, etc.... So, I bleached my brother's "real" bator and after getting it to be somewhat stable, I'm going to move my eggs on over. So, I'm wondering....since the air temps have barely gotten above 90 and have been down to about 84, is there still a good chance the eggs will be okay? Today is day 4 so I don't know that candling would be much help.... Should I add a few extra days to my incubation to make up for the low temps or go ahead as today being day 4?

    Thanks!
     
  2. justusnak

    justusnak Flock Mistress

    With it only being day 4....there will not be any way to candle them and tell anything. I would definately move them, and you might want to add a few days to the hatch date. I would waite 7 days after putting them in the new bator, before candling them. Good luck, and let us know how it goes, in a week!
     
  3. Chickfever

    Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

    685
    0
    159
    Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Wonder how many days I should add? Should I stop turning on the "real" day 18 or add a day or two and stop at day 18 after being in the new bator?
     

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by