1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hoping for help!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by arnr1530, Mar 12, 2013.

1. arnr1530

arnr1530 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    i put my baby chicks outside this past wkend for the first time since we got them had a bit of a rough start due to difficulties with schedule power maintenance! But they are out in their new coop having a great time and they love it!! still trying hard to figure out the sex of them so im hoping that someone can help me [​IMG] [​IMG]

Pics below of all of them!!!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    They look very happy prancing around in there! Can't help you with sex, pictures are too far away and they still look pretty young. It wouldn't hurt to take some close up shots of the combs and entire body from the side if you'd like to let us guess ;)
    Nikki

1 person likes this.
  3. arnr1530

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    hey nikki i am posting pics of them all right now hoping for some help [​IMG][​IMG]

4. arnr1530

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]
    Rudy.....6 wks old
    [​IMG]
    Chickie..... 6 wks old
    [​IMG]
    Mary.... 5 wks old

5. arnr1530

Feb 28, 2013
    North Carolina
    [​IMG]
    Fluffy .....5 wks old
    [​IMG]
    Squirt 5 wks old
    [​IMG]
    baby 4 1/2 wks old

6. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Rudy looks like a boy for sure. When I ordered from Ideal I got 20 male production red packing peanuts- yours looks just like them.
    The Brahmas are tougher, I can't see their combs. Mary's comb looks pretty raised, so it could be a boy. The others look pretty feminine to me. Some comb shots would help. Are the Brahmas bantam or standard- straight run or sexed?
    Nikki

7. howfunkyisurchicken

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    Actually, hold onto Rudy. Now that I think about it, my packing peanuts combs were that big and red somewhere around 4 weeks, your reds comb doesn't have any color yet so I could be a lady....
    Nikki

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by