Hoping for just one roo, not two!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by GardenGal, Jun 30, 2011.

1. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    I think these two were hatched May 14, and I'm hoping they aren't both roos! The smaller one, lower picture - it's name is Dot but it doesn't answer to it - I'm pretty sure is a roo, its comb and wattles are big and red, and I've caught it trying to crow several times. The bigger one, 1st picture - Margo, also doesn't answer - has a fairly big comb as well, but it isn't red, and it has much more of a tail. Sorry my pictures aren't fabulous, they don't care for cameras. Thanks for your help!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  2. KWAK

KWAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2009
    Michigan
    Both oosters... you coul always give me one:) jk lol

3. ChickiePieGirl

ChickiePieGirl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2011
    Are they Sussex? Their combs seem much redder and larger than mine that are a few weeks older than yours. I am no expert at this, but based on what I've got, I'd say they are both Roos. I have one Barred Rock Roo myself, and I will be finding him a good home in the near future.[​IMG]

4. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    2 boys [​IMG]

5. CrazyChickensEverwhere

CrazyChickensEverwhere Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2011
    Think of it like this. ... Better then 3 or 4 [​IMG]

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Think of it like this. ... Better then 3 or 4

No kidding! I had more than one dream of all six of them being roos! My husband said if that was the case we'd call them The Dirty Half Dozen. I'll hang on to them both for a while and see how their personalities develop. Thanks again.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by