Hoping they are healthy :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Rach4, Oct 1, 2016.

1. Rach4

Rach4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2016
    Australia
    So my chicks are 3 weeks. 3 of them are big and 1 is like a runt... my favorite, a zippy little thing and reminds me of a foster baby we have at the moment, so I called it after her, Skylark. My only concerns are that it's still more fluffy then the 3 bigger ones. Eats well and drinks well, seems to be well, perching and scratching about. Guess time will tell. The photos below are just pics I took of them all, doesn't include the Skylark doesn't stand steal long enough to get a clear shot)
    And Dad is very protective and guards them at all times during the day. A very good Dad, maybe a tad too much as he seems to give up his meals for the chicks and Mum. Mum steals a lot of his food. So now we feed him separate to the others as he wont tell Dookie (mum) to back off and let him eat, he just walks away and the poor little bugger misses out. But besides that I'm hoping they continue to grow. They have survived floods, treacherous winds, extreme frost and predators. Many late night and mid morning calls for help from the chooks but we/they got there in the end.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Nice story....Skylark sounds like a good one. Good luck with them!

3. Rach4

Rach4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2016
    Australia
    Thanks they doing well so far! touch wood [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by