Hoping this little Bantam Cochin is a hen, Help?

Munkeesmama

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
California
I'm not sure if it's too early to tell or not. This was our first chick to hatch and is named genesis, pretty little thing. We're hoping for a hen, but the size of the comb is fairly big, but hard to tell, thoughts?

49858_splash_cochin.jpg

And while we're at it, what about these guys, any guesses?

49858_bluemaran.jpg

49858_ameraucanaandeasteregger.jpg

49858_bantamcochin.jpg

With cochins, the color of comb is a fair way to judge... that comb still looks as yellow as can be so i would say you still have good chances of having a girl

Well, its comb is larger then the others, but it isnt the slightest red. How old are they? They all look so simular that they may be too young yet. Knowing how old they are helps to know what they should look like

They're 3 weeks old, the splash wil be 4 weeks on saturday. This morning, I noticed pink on both the combs and wattles. So, at 4 weeks with pink combs and wattles, does that mean boy?

I have a pair of Bantam Cochins that hatched out the last weekend in March and you can tell the difference between them. At 3 weeks and 5 days one has a VERY red comb and wattles the other is still flesh color and she is smaller than the male. So, I am going to suggest that your first one is a girl.

Back
Top Bottom