Hoping to learn!

Soutos chicks

Hatching
7 Years
Sep 13, 2012
Stevinson Caifornia
Hi I am new and am looking forward to learning about my chickens. About a year ago I inherited my dads flock of hens. He gave me 7 and I have since then added 4 more and one turned out to be a roaster and so now I have 5 babies too. My flock is growning and I love them very much. I also have one Turkey who's name is Gabby and she is my friend.She follows me around and I think she thinks she is human:) We talk a lot and I really enjoy he company (yes I know she is a turkey;) I am hoping to learn more about my chickens and turkey so I can keep a healthy flock and enjoy them for a long time:)

Am I doing this right? I am new here and I am not sure I have got this down? I am having a problem with my chickens which is why I joined but don't want to post in a different thred if I am not doing the new members one wrong. Could someone please let me know if this posts? Thanks

Your doing fine and welcome to BYC. I have been raising american games for 40 plus years , so ask away. Remember , there are no dumb questions, just dumb answers.

I wasn't sure due to all the other new people getting responses right away and I did get any so I wanted to check. Thank you for responding:) I just posted in the sick chicken thred or forum I guess( I am a little computer dumb) and hoping to get some help there. That is what I am suppose to do right? Ugh I will get this down:)

yes, ask away.as far a as relpys go, i think there are times when every one and thier dog ( or chicken ) is online and you can get flooded with hello's and info and other times it slows a bit, but don't worry it'll pick right back up again. im sure in 1 day you will have several answers :)

ok so I was taking a look to see if I could find all the differnt kinds of chickens I have and I have 2 Rhode lsands and 2 Plymouth rocks, 2 Silkies- one white and one black Rooster and now 3 Silkie chicks and 2 Silkie/Americana mix chick:) 2 Americans and One Chicken that is all gold not sure what kind she is. I also have a very big turkey that was raised with the chickens.So that is my small backyard flock:)

Thanks Jay bird:) I hope you are right I have a lot to learn and I love my chickens probably more then some people think I should:) Had to put one down today and just cried and still am very sad about it. Just hoping I can save the rest!

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

I wasn't sure due to all the other new people getting responses right away and I did get any so I wanted to check. Thank you for responding:) I just posted in the sick chicken thred or forum I guess( I am a little computer dumb) and hoping to get some help there. That is what I am suppose to do right? Ugh I will get this down:)

Yeah, you did that right!
Usually if you're still finding your way round the mods move your thread to a section where it'll get more replies. But you found it yourself, so that's cool. :p

Hope you find all the info you need here, and enjoy the site! :frow

:welcome

Back
Top Bottom