1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Hoping to learn!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Soutos chicks, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Soutos chicks

Soutos chicks New Egg

Sep 13, 2012
    Stevinson Caifornia
    Hi I am new and am looking forward to learning about my chickens. About a year ago I inherited my dads flock of hens. He gave me 7 and I have since then added 4 more and one turned out to be a roaster and so now I have 5 babies too. My flock is growning and I love them very much. I also have one Turkey who's name is Gabby and she is my friend.She follows me around and I think she thinks she is human:) We talk a lot and I really enjoy he company (yes I know she is a turkey;) I am hoping to learn more about my chickens and turkey so I can keep a healthy flock and enjoy them for a long time:)

2. Soutos chicks

Soutos chicks New Egg

Sep 13, 2012
    Stevinson Caifornia
    Am I doing this right? I am new here and I am not sure I have got this down? I am having a problem with my chickens which is why I joined but don't want to post in a different thred if I am not doing the new members one wrong. Could someone please let me know if this posts? Thanks

3. Rebel Soldier

Rebel Soldier Out Of The Brooder

Aug 18, 2012
    Your doing fine and welcome to BYC. I have been raising american games for 40 plus years , so ask away. Remember , there are no dumb questions, just dumb answers.

4. Soutos chicks

Soutos chicks New Egg

Sep 13, 2012
    Stevinson Caifornia
    I wasn't sure due to all the other new people getting responses right away and I did get any so I wanted to check. Thank you for responding:) I just posted in the sick chicken thred or forum I guess( I am a little computer dumb) and hoping to get some help there. That is what I am suppose to do right? Ugh I will get this down:)

5. jbirds2012

jbirds2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2012
    paicines, ca.
    [​IMG]

yes, ask away.as far a as relpys go, i think there are times when every one and thier dog ( or chicken ) is online and you can get flooded with hello's and info and other times it slows a bit, but don't worry it'll pick right back up again. im sure in 1 day you will have several answers :)

6. Soutos chicks

Soutos chicks New Egg

Sep 13, 2012
    Stevinson Caifornia
    ok so I was taking a look to see if I could find all the differnt kinds of chickens I have and I have 2 Rhode lsands and 2 Plymouth rocks, 2 Silkies- one white and one black Rooster and now 3 Silkie chicks and 2 Silkie/Americana mix chick:) 2 Americans and One Chicken that is all gold not sure what kind she is. I also have a very big turkey that was raised with the chickens.So that is my small backyard flock:)

7. Soutos chicks

Soutos chicks New Egg

Sep 13, 2012
    Stevinson Caifornia
    Thanks Jay bird:) I hope you are right I have a lot to learn and I love my chickens probably more then some people think I should:) Had to put one down today and just cried and still am very sad about it. Just hoping I can save the rest!

8. Macro

Macro Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2012
    Los Angeles County
    That sounds like you have a nice flock! I hope someone can help you out with your chicken problem!!

9. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

10. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011

Yeah, you did that right!
    Usually if you're still finding your way round the mods move your thread to a section where it'll get more replies. But you found it yourself, so that's cool. :p

Hope you find all the info you need here, and enjoy the site! :frow

:welcome

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by