HORRIBLE Experience with My Pet Chicken

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by rapunzil, Jun 24, 2010.

1. rapunzil

rapunzil Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2009
    Kendall Park, NJ
    I've had quite a miserable time with my order from MPC. I was wondering if anyone else has had issues lately with their orders as well.

2. chris10sen

chris10sen Out Of The Brooder

May 30, 2010
    I received my 5 babies yesterday with no problems so far.

3. Mak

Mak Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Londonderry, NH
    I got 10 chicks from them in May, and they are all healthy and happy. Sorry you've had a rough time with yours. [​IMG]

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    Quote:Why? Customer service or unhealthy birds or .... ? Im sorry for your experience

5. madimorg

madimorg Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2010
    Central Ohio
    What was the problem with your order? I have an order in with them to arrive during the week of July 19th and another order for late August... so far no problems with the order part or customer service. Now I'm just praying for healthy chicks.

6. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    I got their last rainbow pullet order last October. They were great and I got 26 pullets. Customer service is usually great. I love Joyce.

What happened with your order?

7. fluffystuffs808

fluffystuffs808 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2009
    Hawaii
    [​IMG] What happened? I had a good experience with them and they gave me a refund for a chick that was sexed wrong and yes I agree with wolftracks about Joyce she was great to work with!![​IMG]

8. Karen_at_LittleBrook

Karen_at_LittleBrook Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2010
    Rome, NY
    Well, my order of 12 from MPC all arrived on May 25th alive and most were healthy. I lost a SLWD within 3 hours... her death is a mystery to me. Of the two blue silkies that I ordered, one was very, very tiny. She was beautiful, tho. Very blue. But she was a failure to thrive chick. She ate, she drank, she played.... but on her one week b-day she passed away. Broke my heart! She was alot of work & I loved her. I know that being with me gave her a chance at life... but she was really to small to sell to anyone. The other blue silkie is pretty much a black silkie, I see no blue at all. I also ordered a light Brahma... who was black and grey???? She is feathering out white tho!??? I assumed because she was a dark colored chick that they had made a mistake and gave me a dark brahma... but she is so sweet and beautiful I dont care. I did wait on back order for no subs. for two months so I was a bit upset at the time. I really did want blue silkies and a light brahma. I think that the exposure MPC got on the Martha Stewart show may have over whelmed them.... ? I paid the extra $7 to have my silkies sexed... so I paid $10 for a blue silkie that would obviously not survive.

9. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Have you contacted them and are they re-embersing you for the chicks you lost?

I always give sugar water to my new chicks. I had a couple that were weaker than the others and they ended up very healthy and did well.

I also give ACV in water so I think that's what has kept me from ever losing a young chick.

10. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Quote:Yeah! Isn't Joyce a wonderful person to talk to and deal with? I just love her!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by