Horrible Horrors!!!! WORMS

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pw_quiltworks, Nov 2, 2010.

1. pw_quiltworks

pw_quiltworks One Handy Chick

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Good God my cat vomited up worms that looked like spaghetti. NASTY....NASTY....NASTY [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I really am not a person easily grossed out but that was disgusting. I have never seen anything like it. Does anyone know if over the counter stuff works? Geez. I bought some yesterday and gave it to him but I wonder if it will work. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I got the stuff at petco. OH THAT WAS AWFUL. I hope to hell I don't get the things. EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

2. MomtoSyd&Emma

MomtoSyd&Emma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2009
    Southern VA
    Quote:we just adopted a Boston Terrier, she has tape worms, and we called around (the Vet was closed) and the feed store had Durvet, it covers all the major worm types including tape worms, gave the tablet to her, and on her second bowel movement there was worms! She threw a worm up the next day, so I think it works, I am going to worm her again in 2 weeks and then again one more time after that just to make sure we got em all!

3. BarkerChickens

BarkerChickens Microbrewing Chickenologist

Nov 25, 2007
    High Desert, CA
    Sounds like Roundworm. I recommend getting Wazine. It is a dewormer for roundworm only. There are more powerful dewormers, but if you are seeing "spaghetti" you don't want one that is too strong (they can block up the system with dead worms if the infestation is too bad). Use Wazine as instructed for 24 hours (in their drinking water), then repeat after two weeks (the eggs will mature, so you need round two to kill the second generation). If you suspect other worms as well, you can use ivomectin for round 2...a more broad-spectrum deowmer and very strong (and effective!).

Oh! Feed stores or vet supply should carry it. They are for livestock, so you will have to adjust the concentration used accordingly (do a search on here if needed).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  4. pw_quiltworks

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    I am pretty sure my cat has the round worms. I get kinda sick just thinking about it. EWWWWWW If the medication I have doesn't work I will try the Durvet.

5. pw_quiltworks

Jan 7, 2009
    Maine
    Quote:OMG!!! There's going to be more. EWWWWWW Ok then I will get some of that. I am going kind of crazy here. EWWWWWWWWWWWW. I hope the feed and seed has it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by