Horrible prolapse

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by LosOsosChick, Mar 30, 2016.

1. LosOsosChick

LosOsosChick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 17, 2013
    Los Osos
    Hi friends. My beloved 8-month old whit Silkie, Pearl, has suffered a really bad prolapse. After bathing her carefully and trying to correct the prolapse manually with preparation H to no avail, I have one last hope in our local vet tomorrow morning. Please hold good thoughts for her, because this little hen is very special, and a cherished gem in our little backyard flock. Thank you friends!

2. MotherhenXOXO

MotherhenXOXO Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2016
    Pearl will be in my prayers! Best of luck to you and Pearl[​IMG]

3. danielle805

danielle805 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2016
    Sending positive vibes your way! Hopefully she will be ok!

4. MotherhenXOXO

Feb 27, 2016
    Also, let us know how the vet visit goes!PRAYING!!!!

5. LosOsosChick

Jul 17, 2013
    Los Osos
    Great news! The vet was able to see Pearl today and found she was egg-bound. She removed the egg and cleaned her up, corrected the prolapse and put in two staples to hold things in place while she heals. She gave me an anti-inflammatory and antibiotics to give her, and wants to see her back next week to remove the staples. I am incredibly relieved that she was able to help Pearl,
    and I'm hopeful that this will be a one-time, fluke occurance caused by her body trying to figure out how to lay eggs. But I will certainly keep a very close eye on her from here on out! Thank you for your good thoughts and encouragement, I am so relieved that she's going to be ok!!

6. MotherhenXOXO

Feb 27, 2016
    I AM SO HAPPY TO HEAR SUCH GOOD NEWS!!!!GIVE PEARL HUGS AND KISSES FOR ME!!!

7. danielle805

danielle805 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2016
    Yay so happy for your good news!!

8. LosOsosChick

Jul 17, 2013
    Los Osos
    Just wanted to post a quick update, Pearl is still doing great and has had no further problems so far! I now think that it was her very first egg that she couldn't pass, and I'm hopeful that she'll be ok from here on out. Here's a pic of my sweet girl!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by