Horrible screaching tonight

Crippledturkey

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 26, 2011
Poplar Bluff, Mo
I was listening to music rather loud just a half hour ago. Between songs in the quiet between the two, I hear a loud "Screaching" along with sounds of roosters crowing and a turkey gobbling, and blood curdling food talk. You all know the sound of a chicken who finds some good food to let the flock know, that sound times ten and doubled. So I rush out and my uncle also rushes out from his home, and we have flashlights and the screaching stops, so I go into the coop to do a head count. 37 hens check, 5 roosters, nope we have 4 now. So I want to know, my turkeys will attack my doggy who comes into the coup with me, The coop has 1 foot of tin siding burried into the foundation to keep snakes and burrowing animals at bay, the covered run is secured by rough substrate, and their yard is open with a 5' total enclosed and open to the sky and over 3k square feet I cannot say something got into the coup as my dog and the turkeys would not allow it. I am down a roo, BUT what could be screaching in the treeline behing us, and be chomping on a missing rooster while getting past turkeys?

Last edited:
The rooster was found, unhurt. whatever it was not a chicken, whole thing was just weird. Probably an owl like ya all said. Thanks for your replies, take it easy.

Back
Top Bottom