horrible year

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by cray4en, Aug 25, 2010.

1. cray4en

cray4en Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    i am just depressed. [​IMG] i have spent about 1k this year on birds and everything.......... i have lost so many birds...hawks, coons, heat, just lay down and die for no reason [​IMG] . i paid for the clubs, to be npip, not from hatchery stock personal breeders...........................

i love chickens but it is just getting to me knowing that my kids and i have put so much in these birds. [​IMG]

all i have let is 7 adults of my amercaucans with 3 pullets i hatched, 2 silkie male adults with 8 babies sex unknown and 3 cochin babies these are all different colors. [​IMG] i got these birds for my daughter to show. the fair is coming up county and district Sept 15-25. Noah will show also since we are only allowed to show 2 birds per class (only three classes).

i have been trying to fill out the paperwork (never shown before) and i don't understand half the rules and regulations [​IMG] . I looked it up on the American Poultry Association and find out half of what they got is misspelled lol

ormentals, asisti...... lol [​IMG]

i will be glad when the fair is over. i am tired. i would like the kids to have mating pairs for next year but it has been such a bad year i don't want to spend more money on the hopes of having something to show next year.

Sorry,

C

2. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    [​IMG]

3. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

It gets old, but like your sig states "Life is good". Hang in there, it'll get better.

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by