Horror Movie!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenfeathers, May 15, 2007.

1. chickenfeathers

chickenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 2mnypets

2mnypets Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2007
    Galesburg, IL.
    Oh MAN!!!!! My hubby, family and friends are all talking about going together for an order of 100+ on meat birds. OH THE PAIN AND CRUELITY!!!!!!!!! Wonder if it's too late to become a vegetarian? [​IMG]

3. Oaknim

Oaknim Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2007
    Sylvia, KS
    It's never too late to do most things in life [​IMG] A few friends of mine bought some meat birds and cannot bring themselves to slaughter or send the birds to slaughter, because they've bonded with them so much. I told them that they can no longer make fun of me for being a vegan, since they're in love with what used to be their food. ~ Oaknim

4. chickenfeathers

chickenfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG]

5. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    If those meat birds are cornish-rock Xs, don't expect the chickens to live long. Their legs and hearts just can't handle the bodies' rapid growth. Leg problems and heart attacks are common in cornish-rocks, you might want to warn your friends of that.
    Stephanie

6. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    chickenfeathers luv the 'horror movie' !! [​IMG]

7. cookinmom

cookinmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    Saint George GA
    Me too! [​IMG]

8. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    Quote:Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.

┬ľAlbert Einstein

9. hipmarye

hipmarye Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2007
    Mississippi
    We got our birds from a friend and said we'd slaughter the cockerels or give them to her to slaughter. We can't keep the boys, but I can't imagine them on the table. Chicken comes for the grocery store not my back yard!

We do enjoy teasing each other when we eat chicken.[​IMG]

10. merryreader

merryreader Chillin' With My Peeps

I watched a video recently of how meat birds live their lives until slaughter, and then how they are processed. I can't stand the thought of eating chicken right now. I bought some soy based "chicken" nuggets to eat tonight and they weren't bad. For me, no more chicken on my plate. Merry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by