horror movies too scary or gross and you didn't like

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mamagardener, Oct 17, 2009.

1. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

In the spirit of the other thread asking for favorite horror movies, what horror movies did you not like? Either too gory or gross or just dumb?
    I can't stand movies like Saw, too weird. I like old fashioned suspense.

2. cubalaya

cubalaya Overrun With Chickens

Nov 19, 2008
    central virginia
    i dont like the 'saw' movies either. check out 'wrong turn' 1 and 2. great special effects and pretty scary.

3. Amyable

Amyable Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2008
    Greenleaf, WI
    I hate the torture-type scary movies, like Saw, Hellraiser and Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That's just gore, yuk. Suspenceful scary movies are much better.

4. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    We love horror movies. But there are some bad ones.

We thought Freak Show was dumb. The newer one based on the black and white version. My DH almost puked at the end.

I did not like The Hills Have Eyes 1. I had just had my youngest and there's a part in there that has to do with a mom and beast feeding. I didn't handle that well.

And there was one part in one of the saw movies. Right in the beginning the woman has her chest ripped open. [​IMG]

And the Saw part with the decomposing pigs. I almost smelt it. [​IMG]

5. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    I didn't like the Saw movies. I just don't like torture. The actor who played Jigsaw played the part very well, but the character Jigsaw came off to me a bit sanctimonious and annoying. It isn't good when a horror villain makes you roll your eyes.

6. GrayDragon

GrayDragon Chillaxin

Sep 2, 2009
    Minnesota
    Quote:Remakes of the classics are almost universally bad. Offhand I can't think of an exception.

7. deb1

deb1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    NC
    Quote:Remakes of the classics are almost universally bad. Offhand I can't think of an exception.

I am trying to think of an exeption and can't. The Hills Have Eyes was a remake also. I have got the orginal one and it is corny but good.

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    I can't watch the Saw movies, or others like Final Destination. [​IMG]

9. coopgirl

coopgirl Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2009
    Jesup, GA
    Yes, the "Saw" series is bad. The worst scary movie I have ever seen was "Faces of Death". I guess it might actually be a documentary but it showed lots of different ways people have died or been murdered. Not "fake" actor death but "real" death. It was very horrific and I can't believe that someone could tape all that and not have it affect them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by