Horse Gossip Thread

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by michickenwrangler, Nov 6, 2010.

1. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    General thread to rant/complain/gripe/gossip about previous experience with horses and those that deal with them

Keep it PG and keep an open mind

We left off talking about those in the Paso Fino world who break horse's tails to achieve the kink, idiotic Andalusian breeders, trendy breeds and those who believe trendy breeds can outcompete every other breed

2. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    A lady once told me very seriously, it's because they don't go to church on Sunday, always going riding on Sunday morning.

I once had an idea for a Ride-In church, where you could go and listen to a really quick sermon and then ride away.

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Yep and I am sure the trainers/riders were bending the rules about "paso-ing" at a standstill on the sounding board. The rules was you CAN NOT stop or make the horse gain "in place". Well they still do it and wished the judges will take notice of it instead of winning the favor of the audience.

Breaking of the tails of non kinked horses should have been prohibited. maybe enforce xrays on the tails to make sure it is not done purposefully. If a horse did come down with a broken tail by accident, a vet report should be included that it was slammed by a door or pasture accident. I am sure that the kink tailed horses are genetics but not 100% sure.

Also gingering the Arabian tails, I've personally seen that many times over and over so that the horse can be showned "naturally" with his tail up in the air or wanted to "flatten" the croup on a downhill rumped Arabian.

Making Arabians into Saddlebreds, it's disguisting and pathetic. No wonder we are losing the real Arabian look.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Quote:Now that is a novelty!

I dont care if anyone wants to ride on Sunday, I sure did that too! Me and Mother Nature and God himself...it makes you appreciate it even more.

5. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Quote:Now that is a novelty!

I dont care if anyone wants to ride on Sunday, I sure did that too! Me and Mother Nature and God himself...it makes you appreciate it even more.

I ride in "the church in the woods" every Sunday that I can manage and I have told others that is why I did not attend church.

6. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Cowboy Church, very common in Texas.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Tie your horse on the front porch and sing some hymns! [​IMG]

8. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

9. michickenwrangler

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:That would be neat. The Cowboys For Christ probably have a local database for that

10. michickenwrangler

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:You've heard me talk about Arabs before, but it's very sad that the Show Hack classes used to be hunter/country/dressage type horses who displayed true extension and entered at a stately working walk. Now, they're all just English and Park horses with dressage saddles and brass bridles. They CAN'T enter at walk let alone walk during the class.

I'm just glad that you can't gaff anything in distance riding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by