Horse lessons!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chickerdoodle13, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I joined an equestrian club here on campus and just found out I can take lessons locally for only $10! That's the best price I have seen in a long time! Normally lessons in New Jersey cost anywhere from $40 to $50 an hour. I've been home the past few weekends, but haven't really had a chance to ride my horses. It would also be really nice to brush up on some of my skills!

2. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    What discipline do you ride? Sounds good to me..lessons for $10, ive paid up to $80 an hour...sheesh!!

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  3. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I normally ride western (trail riding and stuff), but I'm thinking maybe...just maybe I may venture and take some more english lessons. I figure for ten dollars, what do I have to lose?

4. newchickowner

newchickowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2007
    Texas
    who's the trainer??

5. k625

k625 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2007
    Florida
    Yeah, go ahead and give English a try. I have done hunter/jumpers most of my life, but I recently started training for eventing!! At the price you cant beat it!

6. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    Riding English will really improve your riding skills. You can feel the movement of the horse much more then Western. This helps with your timing when you are doing things like posting. Then go back to western, you will be amazed at the difference!!
    Wish I could afford lessons again, I hav'nt riden in over two years [​IMG] , and I could use all the help I can get.

7. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I have a meeting tonight, so I will find out more details then. I'm not sure who the trainer is and I have never been to this farm, but I'm sure I'll get to take a tour sooner or later.

I actually started out taking english lessons, but it was so long ago I forgot most of it. I know when I ride bare back for a few weeks I can really feel a difference when I go back to riding with a saddle! Both my horses are western, so I don't think I would ever put an english saddle on them, but I can definitely try on someone else's horses! Right now with the transition of getting a new horse, I just need to build up my confidence. I've been riding for a long time, but I still feel strange riding Stetson because I was so used to my other horse.

You can never know enough about horses! I find I learn new things all the time, so I'm definitely hoping to learn more with these lessons!

8. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Hmm that is quite the bargain! Looking forward to updates.

Heck, even from an apprentice instructor, you can't find prices like that around my parts

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by