Horse Owners - Would you be interested in.......

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Appytaz, Jun 20, 2011.

1. Appytaz

Appytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    Personalized Horse Brushes! I was playing with my vinyl today and found a new brush. Here is what it ended up like. Would anyone be interested in/ or think there would be an interest in these?

I haven't started to search for brush prices, but I thought I would put it out there to see if there my be an interest before I did it.

Any opinions or suggestions???

[​IMG]

2. itsy

itsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2011
    New England
    That's a cute idea. Do you think it's going to hold up to wear, though? The things in our barn get worn very quickly....

What if you used paint and then coated it a bazillion times with a weather resistant sealer?

3. Appytaz

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    I did think about that also. This is the same vinyl I use on car windows. I have had one of my 2 dogs on my back window of my truck for several months and it has handled that weather with no issues! I will keep an eye on how it does in the barn also. Thanks for the painting idea!

4. flnatv

flnatv Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    West Tennessee
    Good idea about putting a finish on top...
    My horses try and grab stuff and run off with them, but my daughter would have loved one when we first started...
    I think you could sell them pretty well at 4-H shows, etc... maybe even Co-op... they wouldn't have to be "personalized", but you could come up with some cute stuff to put on them and see how they go.... then branch out to personalization once you get a name for yourself.

JMO... I think they are nice [​IMG]

5. Peaches Lee

Peaches Lee Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    I can see people wanting that. [​IMG]

6. punk-a-doodle

punk-a-doodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Looks really cute! You could try clear contact paper over the design, and then a finish over that.

7. babyblue

babyblue Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2009
    vinyl painted with a coat of polyurethane, think bar top glossy sealer, would seal it and last a long time, more likely longer then the bristles would. would also be very washable.

8. Appytaz

Jul 18, 2008
    Central Florida
    Thanks for the ideas! I am going to look into the top coat for them.

Off to look at brush prices :)

9. Sierra pachie bars

Sierra pachie bars Queen of the Lost

Nov 8, 2008
    I would be interestin in how they wear. Would make cute gifts. Since everyone out here is into horses they would be a nifty gift idea.

10. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Sorry, I apologize, but I wouldn't be interested as I've bought several decorated brushes over the years, and the decorations wear off very quickly, even when embossed into a leather backed brush or wood backed brush.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by