Why do decisions seem to get harder the older I am. This is not an awful thread, it should be a fun decision. So here goes, DD is now 12.5 and when she went up for horse camp this year instructor said she was sadly outgrowing the 14.1 hand pony. No big deal there, pony will just go to younger brother. So DD needs a remount. I was thinking nothing smaller than 15.2. I was also thinking look in the fall and buy eventually while taking DD up to trainers every week for jumping lessons. DD desperatly wants to jump 2'6" something the pony could never do it was just beyond her ability. So she was going to finish out the year on said pony, but she turned up lame.SO I asked trainer if DD could ride a horse (mr brown) the week before show, and then show him.I would pay obviously.SO thats what we did and of course DD is in love.She had looked at one other and liked that one also but that would be a lease not a horse to buy. So she shows and gets 4 second place ribbons in classes of 4-10 people and then 3,4, 5 in larger classes.She just did the 18" crossrails and the hunter hack (2').So She is in love and really wants him. I am on the fence. He is 5.Trainer has had him for 14 months.I know I originally looked at him and turned him down for myself. So trainer bought him. She has used him in lessons and camps for the last 14 months. So Why am I on the fence??? He is 15.2 and I have had 3 close horse freinds say they beleive my DD will outgrow him (horror) and I need something bigger. He also has no experience over the bigger fences, which is ALL my DD wants to do. He also needs work on backing (which you THINK might have been fixed by now since trainer has been working with him).Lastly he has what I consider small issues like he is hard to fly spray, sometimes does not stay still whike being saddled or mounted.None are a huge issue for ME as I have arabs and we just get it done.In fact he gives US no problems with this, but would make him hard to sell if she outgrew him. So why does it matter? I told Trainer I would like to do the same thing next month and have her ride him before the next show and show him.Trainer says, He wont be here, her partner has said if he isnt gone by the first weekend in Aug he and a few others will go to a sale while people are still looking for horses.SO I am under pressure. I can certainly afford him and he meets some of the criteria but not neccesarily all. He is also...are you ready... 1/2 arab , 1/2 rocky mountain horse.He is a dark choclate brown that looks like a throrobred not arab at all. He walks trot, canters, but you can feel a little of the gait in his stride which is why I turned him down.He pins well, but I also SWORE to DD and myself NO arabs this time because I KNOW it holds her back for jumping and some showing. SO sounds like a definite NO right? then why do I get drug back to MAYBE?