horse sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorieMN

Songster
11 Years
Apr 19, 2008
montevideo,MN
went to a horse sale yesterday..was very sad,weanlings couldnt be given away,seriously,no takers,there was a 5 year old gelding,son of Romancing Time,was yearling loung line futurity winner,and was now being shown in english and western pleasure..barely got a bid of $375 for him and she let him go..another throughbred mare,aged,nice horse started over jumps and doing lower level dressage went for $150..many horse went for $10-$40..only thing decent in price was rideable ponies,still holding at around $2-300..Thanks to PETA and the rest of the bunny huggers on that bandwagon there are horses starving all over this nation..at a sale in another town people were buying mares with wet colts,and as costom around here you dont need to remove them from the sale barn that day but they will tell say"the barn is open all weekend and they need to be out by monday morning" thats when the cattle come in..well this time when the folks got to work monday,all the mares where gone but they left the colts,pulled off all the numbers and ran them altogether so they couldnt tell one sorrel colt from another..the barn didnt know what to do with them,nobody wanted them,so they took them all out back and killed them and buried them in a mulch pile..I cried when I heard that,they want to keep it hush hush,and I wont say which barn did this but I think they need to yell it from the rooftops so something gets done,they need to open up those kill plants again so these babies have a chance at actually making it past 4 months old..yes PETA.WHAT ANOTHER FINE IDEA YOU HAD..bunch of AHOLES !!!!

Its not PETA's fault! Blame the real problem, back yard breeders, Fugly breeders, greedy track people, QH breeders... IT goes on and on and on, when the Economy sinks animals suffer, and its all humans fault.

Quote:
you are correct in that,but if PETA hadnt shut down kill plants there would be a place for this unwanted horse to go,.and yes,I knew I would get this reply when I posted this,I dont care,posted it anyway,Peta are not the great wonderful people so many think they are,and you dont have to believe me,do the research from BOTH sides of the fence

I CAN'T STAND PETA!!!!!!!! :thun

Ok, nice to have a place to get that off my chest. Yes, this is the fault of people who are irresponsible and don't take care of their animals, but at least the meat would be used if we still had the processing plants, instead of letting it rot in the ground while people are hungry and having the horses starving to death.

I'll stop there since I could really get on a roll with what I think about PETA (and organization too).

That's very true. People are beginning to dump horses now like dogs and cats.. or tying them to trailers at sales and running off. It's unbelievable. Turning them loose on FEDERAL land.. OK, let the gov't take care of them.. and in the meantime, the animals starve.
Great idea, huh?

I never said I liked Peta, they are INSANE! I just said blame the true people the ignorants that should not be allowed to breed and own anything living! Slaughter houses are not the answer, people should be held accountable for EVERY horse they no longer want or need to dispose of. The slaughter house in AZ now closed from France no longer buying as people were getting very ill from Rank meat.

Quote:
you are correct in that,but if PETA hadnt shut down kill plants there would be a place for this unwanted horse to go,.and yes,I knew I would get this reply when I posted this,I dont care,posted it anyway,Peta are not the great wonderful people so many think they are,and you dont have to believe me,do the research from BOTH sides of the fence

it is very sad, but when you take an animal to a sale do you not have to register with your name and address? i guess someone could give a fake name, but the auctions i've been to if you sale livestock you have to show i.d. so seems like the people at the barn need to get a little wiser. i agree that peta usually has nutjob people, its up to every one to stand up and do the right thing for animals. i don't agree with people who breed horses or dogs for profit. most racing horses and dogs are put to sleep or disguarded however convienent it is for the person, not the animal the minute the owner loses money. this is the society we all live in..... money is worth more than animals life ......
i find it very saddening.... so maybe you should let someone know which barn did this, so it does not happen again. that was sick and there isn't any reason they can't find out who left those babies there to start with.

Hi,
I think everything starts with education.
If this country would worry about education- 1st, jobs, healthcare, we would be in better shape.
The United States used to do very well in competitions around the world, math, science, etc.. Now I believe we are ranked #25....How does that make everyone feel?

I hate to hear anyone saying how its any one person particular fault because they wanted to breed something.
Then we get into who should decide who has the right to breed something and who doesn't?
Who says that this person is better than another to be allowed to do that?
That is very scary to me and should be to most americans as well. Can you say communism?

The freedom to own, -do things, -be free, in this country is what made it great.
Now everytime there is a problem, WITH ANYTHING, people think automatically that the government needs to get involved and regulate it. (Then wonder why your paying so many taxes....?!) GET along!!!!!!!!!!! people!
B-S**T. They need to stay out.

They would rather us all fight and argue (keep us busy....) about just this sort of petty thing than to clean this country up and turn it around.

I love horses, wouldn't want mine to go there, but I see the need for end use processing plants.
But I also realize if it came down to it, I will eat my chickens, goats, etc..
Humans put human attributes onto animals, which causes more harm than good, treating them like they are something they are NOT!- human that is. (probably why so many animals now need shrinks etc. LMAO!!!)
That dog guy always says these dogs problems is that we are treating them like humans. Wake up!

I hate to hear its the backyard breeders fault, Waaaaaaa, one or two babies a year or every two years has put the horse market in such a turmoil, boohoo---B-S**t again.

most definately not those HUGE ranches out west that have production sales of over 200+ head of yearlings EVERY year they sell.
Or the people who have 100 of thousands of dollars wrapped up in these "tax write off" horse farms. (you know the ones who have screwed the american working piopulation with their exorbanent prices on products and services until the economy is breaking down, (see economy now)
It could also be blamed on real estate people, because they have ran up the prices of land so high that no one can afford it, ( $650,000 for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 20X 30 lot, someone Needs SHOT! and people need to stop being COMPLETE IDIOTS and paying those prices!) now people have to get rid of them, the cost of feed so high because this country wants to use food for fuel (dumbest Idea ever- don't think so? Wait and see, tell me about it in 10+ years k? =])

There are no-to few- jobs here (in U.S.A) to support owning high dollar livestock such as this for most people. We have priced ourselves out of it. (see poor economy)

We need education on how to get along, live together and realize no one person is right all the time. We don't NEED to government telling us what/when/how/where to do anything and everything.
Accepting other people, their ideas, their cultures, their religons, etc...

sORRY,
we NEED TO WAKE UP AMERICA!

Anyone who breeds anything and sells it for money is hoping to make some sort of profit or break even.
Dogs are not worth $1500. period. I don't care what story they give.........simply NOT worth $1500, that is to make profit. (another reason poor economy---outrageous prices on things that people have been using credit cards to keep up with the jones for so long now, and finally it is breaking down.)
Most people can't even afford to get a dog from the pound because they want a fee?!?!
So no one buys it, can't afford it and they have to put it down..........real smart huh?

Training for horses is SOOOOOOOOOOO expensive its almost impossible to do, unless you are a well taken care of woman,
lau.gif
hubby who has good job pay for it...or two income family for sure.
Then there are horses that simply are and can be a DANGER. It may takes years of proper training at very high cost to help them thru it IF they ever get thru it. Sometimes it just doesn't happen. period.
I have a way to solve unwanted horse problem....:thun

I think everyone who voted for the ban on horses for human consumption should have to take 5 horses and KEEP THEM FOR LIFE!!!!!
They pay for their feed/farrior/vet/shelter, etc. etc....
See how it goes.
Most folks like to vote and "save stuff" but don't want to put their money or lives where their mouths are.
Makes em feel warm and fuzzy, I saved something and don't have to deal with any of the repercussions down the road.

Sorry for babbling....
Think I forgot my prozac.......
duc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom