Horse Shoes (Decorative)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Squishy, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    So... Now that my Bear Bear is going barefoot... I have 4 adorable little horse shoes [​IMG] .

Got the nails out... which I am very proud of myself for not letting anyone help me with [​IMG] [​IMG] ... except for one nail head that broke off [​IMG] hmmpf! Have sandpaper.. will be sanding them and polishing them soon.

Now I want to do something with them... something decorative. Something I will be keeping a long time. These are his first shoes to come off since he has been with me, after all. So, a milestone.

Question is.... What am I doing with them again? [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    WOW I wish I had some right now.

I've made things like dream catchers and other things out of them. I wish I still had all my pics, but they are on a hard drive somewhere is a storage unit and not in a pc. My husband was the one that knew exactly where they were and would put the hd in one of his pcs when iz was looking for something. I didn't just burn to a cd and now aI'm not sure how to get to a lot of things.

I've painted them and added beads and feathers and conchos, painted and added flowers and sequins. Man I did a lot of things with them but now I'm like you.

What did I do???

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Windchimes or windchime tag?

4. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    my 4hers have decorated them by wrapping them with copper wire and beads. they turned out beautiful, we used glass beads. they looked just like the ones in the barn door catalog

5. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Have you seen those cute bridle racks they make out of horse shoes? If you are really talented you could try yourself on that. If I ever have some and don't need them anymore I give them to friends and family to hang over their door for good luck [​IMG] Makes great and (kind of) cheap christmas gifts, but then, that's me.

6. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    I was thinking of gold plating them and putting them back on his feet [​IMG]

Nahh... Well I really like the idea of adding beads... How do you attach them?

And I LOVE the idea if turning them into a bridle rack... Is there a picture somewhere to give me some idea how it's done?

Thanks you guys! [​IMG]

7. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG]

How about this.

8. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays Premium Member

Quote:I've got four horseshoes you can have....

Of course they are attached to the ugliest, most worthless horse known to man. [​IMG]

9. pdbantam

pdbantam Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    South Mississippi
    Quote:I've got four horseshoes you can have....

Of course they are attached to the ugliest, most worthless horse known to man. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. geepy

geepy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2009
    central FL
    Do you know someone that could weld?
    I've made alot of things from shoes.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by