Horse Shoes (Decorative)

SourRoses

Free Ranging
13 Years
Feb 2, 2011
Florida
So... Now that my Bear Bear is going barefoot... I have 4 adorable little horse shoes
love.gif

Got the nails out... which I am very proud of myself for not letting anyone help me with
tongue.gif
roll.png
... except for one nail head that broke off
hmm.png
hmmpf! Have sandpaper.. will be sanding them and polishing them soon.

Now I want to do something with them... something decorative. Something I will be keeping a long time. These are his first shoes to come off since he has been with me, after all. So, a milestone.

Question is.... What am I doing with them again?
th.gif
gig.gif

WOW I wish I had some right now.

I've made things like dream catchers and other things out of them. I wish I still had all my pics, but they are on a hard drive somewhere is a storage unit and not in a pc. My husband was the one that knew exactly where they were and would put the hd in one of his pcs when iz was looking for something. I didn't just burn to a cd and now aI'm not sure how to get to a lot of things.

I've painted them and added beads and feathers and conchos, painted and added flowers and sequins. Man I did a lot of things with them but now I'm like you.

What did I do???

my 4hers have decorated them by wrapping them with copper wire and beads. they turned out beautiful, we used glass beads. they looked just like the ones in the barn door catalog

Have you seen those cute bridle racks they make out of horse shoes? If you are really talented you could try yourself on that. If I ever have some and don't need them anymore I give them to friends and family to hang over their door for good luck
smile.png
Makes great and (kind of) cheap christmas gifts, but then, that's me.

I was thinking of gold plating them and putting them back on his feet
lol.png

Nahh... Well I really like the idea of adding beads... How do you attach them?

And I LOVE the idea if turning them into a bridle rack... Is there a picture somewhere to give me some idea how it's done?

Thanks you guys!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom