Horse shot in random shooting

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by noodleroo, Jul 27, 2010.

1. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
  2. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    That is so sad. [​IMG] I hope they at least find out who did that and get them in trouble. [​IMG]

3. Anguissette

Anguissette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2010
    Eastern NC
    Poor Tommy. Seems like lately we are just bombarded constantly by these stories of evil evil people. Nothing is ever safe [​IMG]

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Sickos everywhere... ahhh! [​IMG]

5. noodleroo

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    I loved my horses so much when I was a little girl. It really hurts my heart that someone would do this. How can someone be so removed from humanity that they could be so cruel. The local tv news stories on thes were heartbreaking too. I really hope they find who did this.

6. The Wolf Queen

The Wolf Queen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    That's just horrible but maybe there is a possibility that it was one of those morons that cant tell a llama or horse from a deer. Maybe they realized that they shot someones horse and then they ran. Either way this makes me sad. Some people just do it to be jerks. Actually on the AZ NM border someone has been shooting and or slaughtering alpha male Mexican and Grey wolves from packs that have been placed there to hopefully re introduce these species back into the 2 states. It just sickens me that some one would do either of these horrible deeds. Also please note that these wolves were not released anywhere near people. They are literally in the middle of no where.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  7. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

What [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The Wolf Queen I wondered that also - happened alot when I was a kid in MI - we could not ride during hunting season. That is horrible about the wolves. [​IMG] [​IMG]

What is wrong with people?
    No wonder I do not care for most of them. (BYC peeps excluded [​IMG] )

8. noodleroo

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Quote:Nope. The local TV stations interviewed the neighbors. It was a nice neighborhood with each house being in front of a few acres but the houses are really pretty close, and, on a curbed and guttered street. One of the neighbors said he heard 2 gun shots at about 6:30 a.m. and then a vehicle taking off at a high rate of speed. It would have been light enough to see at that time (here). Not possible that they thought they were shooting anything else but that horse.

Years ago when my son was little, about 8 yrs. old, a car load of teenagers drove up into his dad's yard where he and his dog were playing to purposely run over his little dog. As they pulled away, one of them looked out the window, saw that they hit the dog and said "yessss!". I swear, if I had been there I would have chased them down and beaten them to death.

I am considered a kind and gentle person. I can't explain how things like this hurt me...

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    It's a shame a horse got caught in the middle of what was probably a domestic dispute.

10. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

[​IMG]:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sick pieces of garbage to do something like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by