Horse Trailer Coop... HELP!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bettynoodlees, Jul 15, 2011.

1. bettynoodlees

bettynoodlees Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    My neighbor has stolen my husband for cutting hay, and since he took away my coop builder, he is giving us an old 16' horse trailer to use as a *temporary coop* until I get my husband back ...lol
    I need any advice that you can offer, I have searched the internet and BYC, but I am not coming up with much.

I do intend to make a bank of temporarry nest boxes, Im going to use some old rubbermaid tubs, but that is as far as I have gotten. [​IMG]

Any advice would be greatly appreciated [​IMG]

2. Vora

Vora Out Of The Brooder

Jun 15, 2011
    If you could grab some pictures of the trailer so that we can see what kind it is; stock type, slant-load, dividers? Does it have a little loft in the front that you could maybe use as a little roosting area?

3. bettynoodlees

bettynoodlees Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    LOL! Those are fantastic questions....but I have never seen the thing.
    My husband just told me about it yesterday, but as soon as it gets here (which better be soon:) I will post some pictures!

4. WinterSkyMoonRanch

WinterSkyMoonRanch Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    California
    I would tell the man who is borrowing your husband that you want a daily fee, cuz it sounds like setting up the horsetrailer as a coop is going to be a job![​IMG][​IMG]

5. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    My ducks are being housed in one until we get our coop built. We didn't do anything to it though, just added bedding the floor has mats and that is all. Your probably going to have to wait till you see exactly what your working with.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by