I have a 14 year old Appaloosa stallion and I am pretty sure he has a mild case of botulism. It has been raining non-stop, mild for November and he would rather drink from puddles than from his water bucket which is dumped and rinsed twice a day. He has NOT been seen or diagnosed by a vet. He eats but very slowly, lolls his tongue and spends more then the usual time laying down. His gait is slow shuffle but he gets around. He is into his 3rd day with this and has not gotten any worse. From what I read there is not much that can be done except supportive therapy (aside from anti-toxin serum that costs thousands). He has no problem drinking. I am not sure a vet is needed at this point as I think he would have gone downhill pretty fast if he was going to.