Horsegirlabi's flock thread!

Pics
Still here, still following. Just wanted to let you know. :frow
Yay! Thank you, Bukky. For that, you get a picture of Bukky!
IMG_2136.JPG

Today's post is going to be about the chickens' nicknames. Some of them are too weird to even say here, so I'll leave those out, don't worry, Lu.
Here you go!
James Beard: Mr. Beard, Big Guy
Peeper: Spotty, Spots
Colleen: Bukky, Buk
Nancy: Nance
Goldilocks: Cheeks (because of her cheek puffs!)
Baroness: Nessy
Silver: No nickname! Poor hen.
Sprinkles: Sprinks
Dover: Dove, Big Hen
Delaware: Del, Del Chicky
Little Nancy: Lil Nance
Gidget: Gidgy
Holly: Holls
Ivy: Ives
Mohawk: Mo, Moey
That's everybody! Even the chickens who've passed had their own funny nicknames:
Alice: Hugey, Huge hen
Sylvia: Sylv
Amber: no nickname!
Pearl: Pearly Girl, Squeaky
Jumpy: Jumps, Weirdo
Sue: Suey
The cockerels didn't live long enough to get nicknames, sadly.

The chickens are all doing well; they haven't done anything weird or interesting since I posted last. Bukky, however, got a goathead stuck in her foot this afternoon. For those of you who have no idea what these vile things are, (lucky!) they grow on a puncture vine plant, which is a noxious weed in Washington. The goatheads are named for their appearance, which looks like a goat head with horns. Here's the one I pulled out of her foot:
IMG_3049.JPG

It was stuck in there about a quarter of an inch, but she didn't seem to care when I pulled it out. Her foot didn't even bleed!
In other news, Peeper, Dover, Sprinkles, and Goldilocks are all molting right now. Actually, Goldy is pretty much done, and she's back to laying her pretty green eggs. I need to get a picture of Spotty, she looks ridiculous with one tail feather. :p

The chickens are all doing well; they haven't done anything weird or interesting since I posted last. Bukky, however, got a goathead stuck in her foot this afternoon. For those of you who have no idea what these vile things are, (lucky!) they grow on a puncture vine plant, which is a noxious weed in Washington. The goatheads are named for their appearance, which looks like a goat head with horns. Here's the one I pulled out of her foot:
View attachment 3215035
It was stuck in there about a quarter of an inch, but she didn't seem to care when I pulled it out. Her foot didn't even bleed!
In other news, Peeper, Dover, Sprinkles, and Goldilocks are all molting right now. Actually, Goldy is pretty much done, and she's back to laying her pretty green eggs. I need to get a picture of Spotty, she looks ridiculous with one tail feather. :p
Oh wow! Glad you got that out. Watch her to make sure she doesn't get bumblefoot.

Back
Top Bottom