Horses Everything!

chicken19

Songster
Jul 16, 2015
Riding my horse
My Coop
My Coop
love.gif

This is the thread for horses everything and horse lovers!
Post anything horse related!

These are my horses!
"Grey" is the fleabitten grey one. He's a 15.2 QH gelding, 19 years young and is very curious and gentle. He does western, English, showmanship, 'gaming' (lope the barrels) and every so often I'll put up a small jump for him and he loves that.

"Snowflake" is the Paint. She has been on injured reserve since July (pernious tertious in pasture). I bought her from my instructor in May. When my instructor got her, she was at an auction, and a meat bidder had her I guess. My instructor does paint/pinto, and some friend of hers was there, saw her and bid. He won her for cheap and sold her to my instructor. Anyway, she was so skinny and has a lot of bad habits, but is happy walking and being a trail horse. We trot the barrels sometimes, but are working on English. I just started riding her at a walk with the light English saddle/bareback a couple weeks ago.

Oh wonderful, a horse thread!

Love your horses, IHeartGreySnow. How great you were able to save a horse and give it a good life!

I "only" have 6 horses and a donkey now. 4 of the horses are miniature horses. I like to hitch to a carriage and drive the minis, when I have time. The two biggies are Paso Finos but both getting elderly.

I'm a horsehair braider for my "real" job. People send me hair from their horse and I make stuff out of it. So with taking care of 6, and then working with horsehair all day, I think about horses an awful lot.
big_smile.png
It's pretty awesome, actually.

Some say 'after the first horse there's no stopping' and it's true.
I have three horses called Chess, Remy, and Patience.
I do endurance racing, barrel racing, gymkana's and jumping.

Back
Top Bottom