Horses got arrested

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by seminolewind, Aug 18, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    I went to bed at 11 last night. At 12, someone is ringing my doorbell. It's a cop. He says if I own a light color horse and a darker color one, they are up the road in someone's yard, he closed his gate and thinks they are mine. So I get my clothes on and went and got them. What a night.
    My mule must have leaned on the fence and the rails popped off. Then of course, both went for a romp. Thank God they didn't get hurt. I spent this morning putting electric shock wire all around the paddock. All I got to say to them is "go ahead, make my day!"

2. katrinag

katrinag Chillin' With My Peeps

At least they stayed close. My neighbors horse got last year and was MIA for 3 days, they found him 7 miles away.
    Only a couple scraps.
    I am glad that everyone is ok.

3. Wolf-Kim

Wolf-Kim Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Yeah, I had that happen to me a few years ago. Apparently the fence charger had never been plugged in and when my mare found this out, she went for a romp come 2 o' clock in the morning. She ran down the road and to a barn I previously had her at. Luckily, when I got the call, I knew exactly where she had gone. I was still a nervous wreck, because it's about half a mile down a road where people are known to 60+.

We found her, caught her, snapped a lead rope on her and had to walk her home in the middle of the night. Of course the old girl was all excited and dragged me home at a jig(fast walk/slow jog). She also stepped on my foot, which was protected only by a tennis shoe(it was early, I didn't think about grabbing boots), she then proceeded to do a 180 with my foot beneath her hoof and the concrete road. I buckled over and gave her a swift punch to the gut. It wasn't much of a punch, as I was too busy keeping from going to my knees. Yes, it hurt that bad.

In the end we got her home and found out that the fence had never been hot to start with and quickly fixed the problem.

Glad you were able to get your guys home without danger to anyone.

-Kim

4. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I'm gald they were ok.

My neighbors horses used to get out all the time and they would cause some trouble.

5. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:I can just imagine walking half a mile in the dark with a horse, LOL.
    I have been stepped on so many times this year that I was taking my socks off at work showing off my bruises every few weeks. I guess I got careless, LOL. But it mega hurts!

6. UnttouchableRose

UnttouchableRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Blountville, TN
    I'm glad they are ok. I had a similar thing happen in 05 except someone deliberately turned 3 of ours out and one totaled a 80's model chevy truck.

7. seminolewind

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:Some people are lower than dirt

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by