Horses & Minis need new homes ASAP!!!

19hhbelgian

Pigs DO Fly!!
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
New Tripoli PA
I must find new homes for some of my horses. I simply do not have the ability to keep everybody anymore, and want the best for them, which is why I'm trying to find them great new homes. I have been rescuing, rehabbing, and finding new homes for horses for 4 years. I am very up front about them as I want the best match for horse and person. I welcome vet checks on any of them, and am quite negotiable on their price. I'm going to give a short description of each horse I have to re-home. Any questions please feel free to email, PM, or call me @ (484)707-2006 - I could go on forever about my "kids", but that would make for a very long post
wink.png

PK: 6 year old bay TB gelding - PK is a very willing, smart, and reliable boy. He knows walk, trot, canter, whoa, and will give to the bit and go into frame easily. PK wants to please his rider, and actually enjoys having a job. He will make a great show horse. He is bay, but he has a great expression to his face, and his movement is very stunning. He trailers very well, ties, is easy to saddle and bridle, and isn't spooky. PK loves attention (more than I can even begin to tell you), and he is good with the other horses. No vices, and he is an easy keeper. Asking: $2000 See PK here:
http://www.blueridgestables.org/Site/Horses_4_sale.html

Mustang Fury: Bay 11 year old TB mare. Mustang is a very sweet and easy going girl. She excels at trail riding - she has no spook, and will go any where/do anything you ask her to. I have ridden her up to our haybine while it was running in order to give DH his lunch, we've had motorcycles trucks 4 wheelers - all go past us - she doesn't bat an eye. Mustang will ground tie or tie with a rope, and stand all day if you want her to. She loves attention & is as sweet as they come. She has no vices, has never tried to buck or rear, is healthy & sound. Mustang also trailers well and is very good with other horses. She would be great for someone who wants a trail horse that they can hop on and go out with, on a whim, or ride on a daily basis. Mustang will go out just fine by herself, or with others. She knows walk trot canter and whoa. She is a great horse & is a steal at $1300 obo See more pics and a video of Mustang Here:
http://www.blueridgestables.org/Site/Horses_4_sale.html
27475_img_1667.jpg

Jo: 8yr. old Registered Paint mare - Jo is in foal to my grulla QH stallion for a May 2010 foal!! She is only a broodmare, as she has never been trained under saddle. She is also not for a beginner horse person. She wasn't handled at all when she was young, and I am still working on picking her feet up. Luckily, she has wonderful tootsies that wear evenly and have not given me any trouble since I've had her. Jo does have a very sweet personality and likes to be fussed over, but she also has her own opinions and if she's allowed to get away with bad habits (for example: When I got her, she would try to push her way through the gate) she will do what she wants. She no longer does that, and she is well behaved for us. Jo is very easy to breed, and I have not had any issues with her foaling. Jo is a super easy keeper (some good hay & she's a tub
wink.png
), and she's never been unhealthy. There is no reason Jo could not be ridden (no injuries keeping her from riding) she just needs the appropriate trainer. My stallion is a foundation bred 15.3 hand QH. He has produced a healthy Dun colt from my champagne mare (who is bay underneath her champagne dilution), so I'm hoping for a great foal from Jo!! All paperwork will go with Jo so the baby can be registered, and I have Jo's registration papers in hand. You can see her pedigree here: http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/bookin+jo+bandido & you can see my stallion's pedigree here:
http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/joakers+barred+moon
You can see more pics of Jo here: http://www.blueridgestables.org/Site/Broodmares.html
27475_img_0686.jpg

Classy: Breeding stock 1.5 yr. old paint filly - Classy is a Smokey Cream, and was foaled on our farm. Jo is her Dam, and her sire is a smokey black tobiano. Classy is about 13 hands right now, and should reach 14.3 - 15 hands. She loves to be fussed over and is easy to handle. Classy would be a great 4-H project horse, or have her trained once she's ready, and I'm sure she could be a great kids or small adults horse! I'm only trying to find a great home for Classy. All I want is the assurance she will be given back to me if at any time she needs a new home!
27475_img_1220.jpg

NoName: 3 year old (coming 4) TB gelding - NN is a sweet boy who I got from a friend who bred him, sold him, then got him back. He sold for $25,000 as a yearling, and did not make it on the track! I have not worked with NN since I've had him, but I can tell you that his personality is very easy going, and he has puppy dog eyes. NN has been off for a little over 6 months due to a bowed tendon, and has been sound on it for at least the last 3 months (which is how long I have had him) He was being ridden around the training barn, and they said he was always well behaved. I have several horses this trainer started, and they have all been wonderful, with good "basic" training - not just break 'em & race 'em training. His leg is healed up with no evidence of the bowed tendon, but I like to disclose anything about the horse so they find the right home. He should not have trouble being a show horse or just a pleasure mount for someone. He trailers and ties well, no vices, and is a sweet - walk up to you in the pasture - type of boy. I'm asking an adoption fee of $300 for NN - Vet checks welcome, and he will leave with a "first right to buy back" contract.

Red: 1.5 year old TB filly - Red is actually Mustang's daughter! She is bred extremely well, but cannot be registered due to Mustang being bred by the wrong stallion at the breeding farm - long story
wink.png
Red is a very nice chestnut who has her Mom's personality and huge build. Red will be able to be started as a 2 year old in the spring as she has the mass to carry a rider already. She stands 15.1, and is just as easy going as they come - I can't see her being difficult to start under saddle at all
big_smile.png
Red has no injuries & has always been healthy. Asking $300 - She would make a GREAT 4-H project horse!!

Rocket: Miniature appaloosa stallion - Rocket is bay with roaning coming in more every year, and a blanket. His tail drags on the ground, and he has gorgeous thick hair! Rocket has a correct bite, nice confirmation, and is very easy to handle. He has never tried to bite or kick, and is wonderful with his girlfriend
smile.png
Rocket is in with all my other minis, the alpacas, goats, and my weanlings. He has also been in with a mini foal and was no trouble. Rocket actually baby sits the "normal" sized foals, and loves to play with them! I can start him under harness before he goes to his new home if preferred. Asking $600 See pics of Rocket here (updated pics are available):
http://www.blueridgestables.org/Site/Minis.html

Pony: Pony is a 12.2h 7 year old paint pony that came from auction. She was in foal unbenounced to us, and to make matters worse, it was a horse sized baby! He was unfortunately still born, but Pony made it (luckily we were there to help her). She would make an excellent Mom - She got right up and tried to get her baby going (It still makes me sad to think about it!), after almost losing her own life! Pony is now a pasture ornament here on the farm since she's not quite my size horse
wink.png
I have ridden her though, and boy can she jump!! Pony LOVES jumping, and she is a complete natural at it. She knows both leads and will change leads. I honestly do not have a more fun to ride horse on the farm! Trouble is, she is more pony than most kids would be able to handle. She has never bucked or anything, but she has infinite energy. This girl would just go and go and go. She does have a good whoa, she just has more energy than the energizer bunny! Pony would make a great gaming pony, or refine her for an intermediate - advanced youth rider, and use her for jumping. She does not refuse, and will go over what ever you point her at! I am not asking anything for Pony, I just want a great home for her! She ties, trailers, saddles and bridles easily, bathes, clips... She thrives on attention, and has no complaints about being spoiled
tongue.png
Pony will only go to an appropriate home, and she MUST come back to me if at any time she would need a new home. See Pony here:
http://www.blueridgestables.org/Site/Our_horses.html *Scroll to the bottom of the page

S W Stephie: 12 year old TB mare - Stephie is a sweet girl who is beginner safe. She will go around the ring and if her rider loses balance, Stephie will simply stop. She has excellent "brakes", and knows walk trot canter, and both leads. Her gaits are even and smooth. I can get on Stephie anytime and have a nice ride. She is very easy to get along with, and will walk up to you in pasture. Asking $800

Reeno: 5 way registered leopard appaloosa stallion - Reeno is a special guy. When he was only 2 months old, he got hurt and lost vision in his left eye. He gets along no problems, and has a nice personality. I have never started him under saddle as I had planned on doing, but he is very capable of carrying a rider. Reeno isn't spooky and he carries himself straight. He is 100% foundation bred, and would make a very nice stallion. He has a great build, along with unusually long and thick hair, not too common with appys! He is out with all my other boys, and is at the bottom of the totem pole. He is also very well mannered with the girls, and can be turned out with them, without issue. Reeno is free to a good home, and he must come back to me if he ever needs a new home.

Please feel free to contact me any time at (484)707-2006, I'm more than happy to talk about my horses. They really need new homes, so if you have ANY questions just ask! Please browse my website: www.blueridgestables.org

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, I know it sounds almost impossible, BUT
big_smile.png
I can recommend a few transport companies that I have dealt with if your really interested, or we are even willing to trailer him, although I think it would be cheaper to go through a bigger company so you can "share" the trailering fees with other horses.

I have shipped horses to Florida, up into Canada, and all the way over to Hawaii! I've never had any problems shipping horses, even when we shipped the Brabant Belgian over to Hawaii. He had to go from PA to CA, he rested for 2 days, then got on the barge to cross the ocean and got to HI safely
big_smile.png

let me know if you'd like to look into it. I'll post some names and numbers for you!

Hi - I've used this website to get quotes: http://www.travelinghorse.com/Transport_Quote_Request.html You submit the info, and then independent shipping companies email you quotes. I've used Cowboy Express transport company 800-982-1930 - He took the belgian out to CA, for the barge to HI. Also:
Hauled Right horse transport: 866-877-5033 (they've brought 2 horses down to me, at separate times, from WI, and were the most reasonable by far, at that time)

We haul for $3.50/loaded mile. I do not know what the transport companies are charging right now

The advantage to a hauling company is that you can request to have them put you on a trailer with other horses to lower the cost some. I honestly don't know what the cost of shipping would be through an outside source. I typically ship for a friend of ours who has TB race horses. If you need any help in this, just ask - I'll give you as much help as I can
smile.png

Oh how I wish you were closer... I would snatch your Classy up in a heart beat to put in with our paint gelding Cherokee... they would be a perfect match...
sad.png
39129_cherokee.jpg
39129_cherokee1.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Aww!! He's cute! How far from Ellijay GA are you? My in-laws have a farm down there! We could bring her down when we visit them
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom