Hospital workers!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Raiquee, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Raiquee

Raiquee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Big Bend, WI
    Hello [​IMG]

I was wondering does anyone have a good place to get scrubs? I have looked at the local stores, but was wondering if someone ordered some offline and they were cheaper? I checked craigslist but never are any for sale in my size!! I like Koi, Grey's Anatomy, and Buttersoft (for pants) but thats not a determining factor. I only have a couple sets and I need more!! [​IMG]

Thanks

2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I've seen them at Walmart before..

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Do you work in a hospital? The hospitals I've worked at (or am aware of) supply the employees with their scrubs, colors coordinated by department.
    If it's just for fun, cause they are comfortable; try a uniform shop or outlet.

Imp

4. squeakyballs

squeakyballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2009
    Tucson, AZ
    Some of the 99 cent stores have them show up for $6 - $10 a piece.

You know, the ones that aren't reaaally 99 cent only stores. Sometimes the asian markets have them, too... the ones that have more than just food. I have no idea why.

5. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    My hospital provides mine but I work in surgery. My dh gets his through www.Tafford.com

Carol

6. There a chick...

There a chick... Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    West Michigan
    I buy my pants from Walmart (cheap and I go through them fast by wearing out the knees) and the tops from Tafford (love a cotton/poly blend that doesn't need to be ironed!).

7. Ema

Ema Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2010
    N. Ontario CANADA
    My SIL is a regional manager for Scrubs and beyond in the United States they have all sizes and some nice looking ones too.

http://www.scrubsandbeyond.com/

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  8. Raiquee

Raiquee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Big Bend, WI
    Really your hospitals provide them? Mine doesn't [​IMG] I am in a clinical rotation but I should be working there in March. I am a MT/MLT, so people in the lab aren't color coordinated. We can wear "dress clothes" if we want, but I perfer scrubs to keep work clothes seperate. I heard someone (a CNA) say something about a uniform "truck" that comes around but I have no clue about this mysterious vechile....

Thanks for the couple links, I'll check them out!

I saw walmarts scrubs, but they have like disney characters and I HATE those! Like I said, I have checked the uniform shops around town, but I'm paying around 20-30 bucks a piece for a scrub, when I want to find something cheaper.

9. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    I bought VISA brand from Kmart. I still wear some that I got 10 years ago around the house. They are getting a bit thin now but have no stains and only a tiny tear where the pocket is on the shirt. They have survived the lab at the hospital, grease being spilled on them, foster kitties, yard work, housework, and chickens! [​IMG]

Hey, that company should have to pay me for this!! [​IMG]

10. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I got a few solid colored scrubs from Walmart when I was working at the vet office. I think I got purple and teal. Not all walmart have scrubs, but some of them do have solid colors. Have you tried looking on Walmart's online website? They were pretty cheap from what I remember.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by