Hot enough for ya?

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
I managed to snap a couple of photos of my poor pullets in the heat this past Sunday.

Greta looks absolutely miserable.
41679_greta2hot.jpg

That day, having black feathers was no joy for Matilda, even if she did stay out of the sun as much as she could.
41679_matilda2hot.jpg

And then I was rude enough to take a picture of Bernadette FROM THE BACK!
41679_doesthisheatmakemybuttlookfat.jpg

I wish I had gotten a pic of my boy Pac Man earlier, he looked like your Greta --- only funnier because he has funky feathers (like, still has fuzzy patches at 12 weeks!)
Poor kids, they were in the shade and the breeze was blowing some, but it's just plain hot!

Poor girls...mine know the feeling. I have been hosing them off, feeding them frozen fruit, watermelon, having pans of ice water around for them to stand in, fans and refilling waterers constantly. My avatar roo and one Delaware girl jumped into the duck's kiddie pool and were standing in it.

Poor babies.

I have been filling my ducks kiddie pool up only half way and the chickens have started wading in it this past weekend. I had thought about getting them a fan and a mist hose to keep them cooled off, but I don't want to make mud. The have found a lot of nice cool dirt to lay in and I now have a lot of nice new holes in the yard. It's still not as bad as what the dogs and pigs do to the yard.

lol! aw poor hot bo bo's! Sunday was the day I put in a frozen bottle for them, whew! They were under the cherry tree, I had a hose on dribble, and they were laying on the cool ground drinking from the hose, but poor Munk was panting her beak off. Joon doesn't seem to pant as much, but whewheee! It is getting to be summer!

Back
Top Bottom