Hot today in Alabama

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BamaChicken, Dec 17, 2008.

1. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    It is nearly 80 today. I may have to turn the air on in the house. Can you believe it. My hens are thinking it is Spring. Of course it will be cold again by Sunday.

2. gapeachy

gapeachy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    Rome Ga
    it is humid and warm here too in north Ga....I hate it when it is like that this time of year....

3. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    hot and humid mississippi

4. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Same here - I'm trying to work on my new coop and sweating to death!

5. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    It was like 20 this morning...that is rude...my mother in South Texas likes to tell me how warm it is and sends me pictures of her grass...at least I don't have to mow for most of the year...rude 80's...can I send ya'll my waters to thaw out?

6. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    My camellias are beginning to bloom and I caught little grasshoppers today for the little silkies for treats! The weather is crazy but a welcomed break from the cold.

7. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

It has rained here so much lately that I have just let things go to heck. I've been busting my hump today trying to tidy things up and get things back in order before it starts again. We have the airc onditioner on in the bedroom, I cannot sleep hot, so I went ahead and cranked it up.

8. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I know right! Im near troy and my ducks started playing in the pools like it was summer time!

9. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Almost 80 here in SC, too. But the low for Monday, I think, is in the 20's. Just in time to make everyone sick for Christmas!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by