Hot Water Incubator ???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LilMissPetie, Jun 18, 2011.

1. LilMissPetie

LilMissPetie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Michigan
    So I was at a flea market yesterday and came a crossed a hot water incubator. I was a little stunned by it, and I just kept on trying to figure out how it would work. I didn't buy it, just wonder if anyone has seen or used anything like it before? Thanks

2. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

hi.. [​IMG]

I haven't ever seen it or use it. By by its name, I presume it's using electricity to boil the water inside and increase the temp inside the bator to meet requirement for hatching.. while many bator people use it using lamp and/or heater element to increase temp.

Perhaps you can visit it once again for more details and share it for us.. [​IMG]

3. jaybob54

jaybob54 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2010
    I agree. It probobly uses the water temperature to make the egg warmer. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. LilMissPetie

LilMissPetie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Michigan
    Yeah it didn't have any cords like you would plug it in, it was made out of plexi glass there was an area where the eggs go and it opened on top and then a separate area that opened where the water would go, but no instruction or anything, I just thought it was very different.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by