Hot Wings

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by stephanie1992, Aug 21, 2011.

1. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Any one know any good recipies for hot wings??

2. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Seriously these are the BEST hotwings, they are baked instead of fried and everyone I serve them to raves about them!
    this is from whodat at food.com

1 lb chicken wings
    1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
    1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1 tablespoon salt
    1/2 cup louisiana hot sauce
    1 tablespoon margarine ( I use real butter)

Directions:

Fill a large pot half way with water and then add the first 4 ingredients.
    Bring water mixture and wings to a boil and then boil for 15 minutes.
    Transfer wings to an oven safe container coated with cooking spray. Bake wings on "Broil" (high) for 15 minutes on each side.(For crispier wings, cook longer on each side, maybe 20 minutes per side).
    While waiting for wings, combine the Hot Sauce and Margarine in a microwave safe container and cook in microwave for 2 minutes or until melted. (You can cook the sauce longer for a thicker sauce).
    When wings are done, shake 'em up with the sauce and enjoy!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  3. stephanie1992

Quote:thank u!! im going to try them!!

4. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    I have tried a lot of wings from many places but I like these just as well as the best restaurants serve and these are a tad healthier not being fried, hope you like them!

5. Bear Foot Farm

Bear Foot Farm Overrun With Chickens

Mar 31, 2008
    Grifton NC
    Texas Pete and melted butter mixed and poured over the wings, then bake for an hour and a half

6. flowerchild59

flowerchild59 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Southern IL
    I like to take a quarter cup each of chinese sweet chili sauce and spicy brown mustard, a tsp of garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne, and the juice of a lemon or 2 T vinegar (l like balsalmic). Mix well and set aside. You can also add finely chopped jalepeno, ginger and garlic if you want, about a tsp to tablespoon each.

Grill or bake til almost done. Douse well in the mix and cook 20 more mins or so.

My husband says that sauce reminds him of the caribbean jerk sauce at buffalo wild wings.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  7. stephanie1992

[​IMG] thank u!! im ganna try them all!

8. jcatblum

jcatblum Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2010
    Cement, OK
    I take my wings, toss in evoo & my all purpose spice -- 2 parts salt 1 part garlic powder & pepper. Bake 425 for 45 min. They come out crispy & yummy. Toss in favorite sauce. I use alot of buffalo wild wings knock of sauce reciepes. My favorite is parmesan garlic. Dh fav is Asian zing. Google Copy cat wing sauce you should get lots of hits

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by