:) (: HOUDAN THREAD!!!! ** :) (:

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Mrs. Fluffy Puffy, May 20, 2010.

1. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Show off your Houdans!! Post pics & talk about our birds!!! [​IMG]

Here is my one Mottled Houdan Hen, named Mrs. Von Poofy Head. [​IMG] Got her from a friend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2012
  2. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Really pretty hen, Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Afficial is spelled Official [​IMG]

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Thanks bantimna! [​IMG]
    Should have checked my spelling! LOL

4. lillypug

lillypug Fleur De Lis Farm

Mar 21, 2010
    Louisiana
    We have 3 Mottled Houdan juvies that we just adore. They aren't the sharpest tools in the shed but certainly one of the cutest.
    [​IMG]

5. lillypug

lillypug Fleur De Lis Farm

Mar 21, 2010
    Louisiana
    Fluffy- your girl is gorgeous. I LOVE the running pic. Houdans make me lol when they run. They remind me of the roadrunner, lol.

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Thanks lillypug!
    She isn't very friendly, she will follow me around wanting treats but if I try to catch her she floggs me!!! LOL [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. neVar

neVar Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Dundurn, Sask
    Bumping this up. We have one houdan pullet and i LOVE her- she's so docile- she desperately needs a hair cut- i'm sure she's blind as a bat out front. But she'll perch on my arm, easy to pick up- the only chicken my son will handle (He's quite backed off around animals until he gets his confidence up)

This is lucinda
    [​IMG]

8. RHRanch

RHRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

I want some!!!!! Darn this new ordinance (SD County trying to pass new anti-rooster ordinance) - I want more chickens! lol [​IMG]

9. Jenniferlynne111

Jenniferlynne111 New Egg

Aug 10, 2011
    Hi there,
    I have a question about Mottled Houdan Chicks...
    I have 4....two of them seem to SNEEZE all the time...they've been sneezing since the day we got them....we originally separated them...and they didn't stop sneezing...I'm hoping it's not that they are sick...but that they are just sneezers....(I've read a bunch of differeent things so I don't know...)

the other two...Look like they just dunked their heads in the water bowl...they look WET...
    Is this normal or are they sick...
    For some reason, i can NEVER get a clear picture of these little gals....every pic comes out blurry....here is an attempt...
    If anyone has any advice I would really appreciat it...the feed store is quite a ways away...so if I need to get them anit-biotics asap...please let me know...
    I have 12 chicks that are about a month old now...and they are all in the same "Play Pen" which is within the coup where my 6 year and a half old Black Stars are living...so I don't want everyone to get sick....

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE....
    [​IMG]

10. zach N houdan

zach N houdan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2012
    New Jersey
    I have some houdans for sale!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by