House chicken

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by whistlin dixie, Apr 6, 2007.

1. whistlin dixie

whistlin dixie Out Of The Brooder

Apr 6, 2007
    I read somewhere that people keep chickens as pets in the house sometimes and they actually have chicken diapers. Does anyone do this?

2. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    tons of people do it, personally, it's my dream to own a silky chicken who wears diapers and lives in my house. ahahaha.. My family doesn't believe me tho when I tell them its possible [​IMG]

but ye, several people on this forum have house chickens..most start off as injured hens who need to come inside to recover..but end up stayin in forever [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  3. merryreader

merryreader Chillin' With My Peeps

That is so sweet. How do the diapers stay on? Can someone post a picture? I would love to bring 1 of mine in. Merry

4. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    haha you should bring one of ur chickens in the house!!

the diapers have straps that go over the shoulder...or wings should I say?? heres a link to the info and site.

http://www.chickendiapers.com/

5. merryreader

merryreader Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, now I know something new!! Amazing! Merry

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

It also depends on the temperment of said chicken. Putting a diaper on Obelisk requires at least 4 hands...Slifer would stand still for you and let you put it on her with no problems.

7. brekke69

brekke69 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 15, 2011
    my chickens wear diapers. they did not like it at first. Shim would stand still, then start to slowly rock back and forth, then tumble over. now she is used to the feel of it.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. balbrt1

balbrt1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2013
    Illinois
    [​IMG]
    This is a picture of 2 Seramas The closest to front. She is my baby and the one that lives in my house. The baby roo is Romeo When they first one on no one likes it. Like a puppy learning to wear a collar and leash. I buy mine here. Chickendiapersbysky.com love the way they fit. I have bought others but by far are the best.. Oh, forgot to say they are water proof.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by