house ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by howardjohnson, Feb 25, 2013.

1. howardjohnson

howardjohnson New Egg

Feb 25, 2013
    i have a duck her name is Howard she is 6 for the first 3 years she lived in a small yard she has an angel wing they call it, she cant fly in the winter she stayed in garage. Then someone called the SPCA said she could not live in town. I have a pond and they asked me to take her so i did she got frozen in the ice in the fall so i took her in found duck dippers on line she stays in when it is cold and out when it is 60 or above in the summer she comes in every night.sleeps in a dog create ,i can tell if it is too cold out she runs in the living room or she stands out in the pen hollering till i open the door so she can go in and sit on the couch and watch animal planet lol, they are funny pets Howard the duck Johnson has a facebook if u would like to see her

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    [​IMG] that is so sweet, and please give us the link we'd love to see Howard. [​IMG]

3. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]
    I really like your solution!

4. tadpole98

tadpole98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2012
    Missouri
    lol whats her fb?

5. Diamond88

Diamond88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    You should post a link to her Facebook! My duck has a Facebook too: https://www.facebook.com/bunny.espositohosmer?ref=tn_tnmn

I can't believe someone from the SPCA told you to release her at a pond! She wouldn't survive out there after being raised as a pet. I'm so glad you brought her home! [​IMG]

6. DenverDucky

DenverDucky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    My ducky, Soleil, and Bunny are FB friends [​IMG]
    Bunny is adorable!

7. Diamond88

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    I know! I think I may have found a link to Soleil's page on here, or maybe just through the Facebook duck network. I can't believe how many other goofs like me have FB pages for their ducks. [​IMG] Soleil is so beautiful!

8. DenverDucky

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    Hah I think you might have given me the link I'm not sure, just glad to be able to connect to other cutie ducks and the crazy people who love them [​IMG]

9. DenverDucky

Mar 28, 2012
    Colorado
    *bump

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  10. Diamond88

Apr 25, 2012
    Chicago
    They make such fun and unique pets. Everyone is always shocked and excited when I tell them I have a duck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by