House/farm loan or grant

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NewHopePoultry, Mar 22, 2009.

1. NewHopePoultry

NewHopePoultry Overrun With Chickens

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Does any one know of a good hgouse/farm grant or loan to go with?
    Me and my husband live in Missouri and are looking for a home with some acreage, so far we arent having luck finding any we can afford.
    I heard away back about something getting either a grant or a loan from the govermentment to start a orginic farm,but thats all I can remember.

2. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Where are you looking and what is your price range? We have been trying to sell our place since Sept. I think they have some info about the loans and grants at the University of Missouri Extension office, but I am not 100% sure on that.

3. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    I'll check and see if the University of Missouri Extension office has anything, thanks.
    We are 60 miles north of St. Louis and are looking to stay around here due to his job. Our price range would depend on the loan we get.

4. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:Well shoot, that's too far! LOL! We are south of KC. Now is a great time to be looking since prices are so low as well as interest rates. I hope that you have good luck finding a place!

5. NewHopePoultry

Apr 9, 2007
    Troy,Missouri
    Oh shoot.

Thanks. So far most of the places we have went have frowned donw at us becouse we are so young, but hopefully sooner or later, someone will give us a chance.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by