House Hen

hensettermomo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 27, 2013
Oklahoma
I have a RI that has been in the house since a dog killed her 3 friends and destroyed part of the pen. Well of course she is spoiled and we take her out when we smoke. She naturally comes in pronto ( weather is chilly and gusts of wind). But when we let her out of the cage and she gets out the door she has started a strange stomp on the porch and running at your feet. Like a hen doing speed. Not to mention she went after a church lady dropping off a flyer. It was kinda funny but it was an older woman (the lady was more scared of the hen than the chihuahua!) I felt bad. can anyone explain why she's gone silly. Bought her early Sept with fluff and a few wing feathers started. Oh and her trills are starting to change.

Are you sure she's a she ?
Roos do a little dance when they want to woo a hen (you) and can also defend their flock (you) from threats (church lady)
How old is she ?
Do you have a photo ?

Good that she is spoilt now poor thing must've been very stressed after that ordeal :(

Are you sure she's a she ?
Roos do a little dance when they want to woo a hen (you) and can also defend their flock (you) from threats (church lady)
How old is she ?
Do you have a photo ?

Good that she is spoilt now poor thing must've been very stressed after that ordeal :([/quot

Hope it posts

I would try to upload a photo from your device or you can email it to me at [email protected] and I will post it for you in the section of the forum where experts can see if they can sex it. You need a shot of her head including wattles and comb and of the side and rear with her standing :)

I can mail you a link when I've posted it if you like, if you can't upload it from your phone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom